How far is the Blue Lagoon from the cruise port?

ontheweb

it's about 50 km (32 miles) from Reykjavik to the Blue Lagoon - not walking distance.  There are buses or shuttles from the Cruise terminals to the Blue Lagoon - they can be ordered on their website together with entrance fee.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

In case there are more than one port, we will be sailing on NCL, so whatever port they use.

DW said she googled it, and it was walking distance away, but that does not sound right to me.

Blue Lagoon isn't even in the city of Reykjavík, so the distance would be quite challenging to walk. Skarfbakki harbour (where there is cruise terminal) to Blue Lagoon car park is 51 km and if Google Maps estimates correctly, would be 44 minute drive by car.

It is possible your DW noticed Laugardalslaug pools, which are within the city and there you could indeed walk from the harbour.

There are other pools and spas in the city of Reykjavik that might substitute for the BL.  Sky Lagoon is new and fancy in the city, but it isn't walkable as it is on the outskirts.

BL from the city is a $75-$100 cab ride, or you can book bus transfer from the city on the BL website or book a tour to there thru any of the major tour agencies

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good day.  Does anyone know which is closest stop to the Reykjavik cruise terminal we book to get the Destination Blue Lagoon bus?  Is it Stop #12, Hofoatorg? which is 3km from cruise port?  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, hikerbiker said:

Good day.  Does anyone know which is closest stop to the Reykjavik cruise terminal we book to get the Destination Blue Lagoon bus?  Is it Stop #12, Hofoatorg? which is 3km from cruise port?  Thank you.

I'm not sure I have the correct terminal either. I'm getting conflicting info when trying to find where cruise ship terminal is located.  Is it near downtown Reykjavik? or approx. 3 km east of downtown?

Thanks for any info.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:41 PM, hikerbiker said:

I'm not sure I have the correct terminal either. I'm getting conflicting info when trying to find where cruise ship terminal is located.  Is it near downtown Reykjavik? or approx. 3 km east of downtown?

Thanks for any info.

Here is a link to the official cruiseport website, searchable in several ways: https://www.faxafloahafnir.is/cruiseships/

Obviously combined with the public transportation (blue squares for buses) portion of Google...