Which are Tender ports

Pearl64

We are on Oceania Vista cruise this August. The cruise line says there are no tender ports but I have been informed that Dun Laoghaire in Dublin is a tender port. Also, Newhaven in Edinburgh is one as well. Kirkwall and Stornoway also come up as tender ports. The port websites claim they are tender ports but Oceania claims we dock. Does anyone know for sure what is the correct information? It makes a difference in timing private excursions. Thank you so much.

I would believe the cruise line if they tell you that they dock. Larger ships tender because they're to large to dock. Also check with the roll call for your cruise, or go to the Oceania page & ask there.

Dun Laoghaire is definitely a tender port.

Newhaven is a tender port.  The only Edinburgh port where you dock is Leith.

According to the Stornoway port authority website, ships up to 156 meters can dock, anything larger is anchored.  I'll leave it up to you to find out how big the Vista is!

According to the port authority in Kirkwall, you will be anchored:

https://www.orkneyharbours.com/sectors/cruise-ships/2023

On 2/21/2023 at 10:45 PM, Pearl64 said:

We are on Oceania Vista cruise this August. The cruise line says there are no tender ports but I have been informed that Dun Laoghaire in Dublin is a tender port. Also, Newhaven in Edinburgh is one as well. Kirkwall and Stornoway also come up as tender ports. The port websites claim they are tender ports but Oceania claims we dock. Does anyone know for sure what is the correct information? It makes a difference in timing private excursions. Thank you so much.

Visa is due to tender to Newhaven https://www.cruiseforth.com/content/ship/

Thanks to all. I had checked the Oceania website plus the couple joining us called their TA. Both said all dock. However, someone on our roll call checked with their tour companies who told them at least Kirkwall is a tender port. Consensus is Newhaven and Dun Laoghaire are both tender. That leaves Stornoway to figure out. I wonder why Oceania is adamant about stating we dock at all port stops. I guess we will know for sure in August.