Where is this and what's the name of it?

AACJ

Anyone have an idea where or what the name of this place is?  I found it through the Costco Travel shore excursions group but it is very vague and I would rather do research on where I am going rather than just reading a paragraph.

Costa Maya Beach Day

Make the most of your day in port and enjoy a relaxing day at the beach with this Costa Maya Excursion, it will make all the difference of your visit to the Caribbean.

Be taken on a short ride after meeting your Costa Maya tour operator at their office location, to a beautiful, white sandy beach. From the moment you arrive you will feel your cares disappear as you listen to the gentle sound of the waves crashing at the shore.

Stake your spot for sunbathing or if you would rather relax under the shade of palm trees, the choice is yours. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are included as well as the restaurant bar which offers all the facilities for your comfort; bar service on the beach so you can enjoy all-you-can-drink open bar, restaurant service on the beach to enjoy the unlimited Mexican snacks and a delicious local dish. Relaxing music fills the air and there is a variety of water sports you can choose from (at your own expense). Some of the water activities you can enjoy are boat rides, fishing,kayaks, paddle boards and of course snorkel tours. You can even elect for a relaxing massage on the beach!

1 hour ago, AACJ said:

Anyone have an idea where or what the name of this place is?  I found it through the Costco Travel shore excursions group but it is very vague and I would rather do research on where I am going rather than just reading a paragraph.

Costa Maya Beach Day

Make the most of your day in port and enjoy a relaxing day at the beach with this Costa Maya Excursion, it will make all the difference of your visit to the Caribbean.

Be taken on a short ride after meeting your Costa Maya tour operator at their office location, to a beautiful, white sandy beach. From the moment you arrive you will feel your cares disappear as you listen to the gentle sound of the waves crashing at the shore.

Stake your spot for sunbathing or if you would rather relax under the shade of palm trees, the choice is yours. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are included as well as the restaurant bar which offers all the facilities for your comfort; bar service on the beach so you can enjoy all-you-can-drink open bar, restaurant service on the beach to enjoy the unlimited Mexican snacks and a delicious local dish. Relaxing music fills the air and there is a variety of water sports you can choose from (at your own expense). Some of the water activities you can enjoy are boat rides, fishing,kayaks, paddle boards and of course snorkel tours. You can even elect for a relaxing massage on the beach!

Photos would help. Could be any one of dozens of places.

Sounds like you'll need to go into town to offices.  As most of the beach clubs along the malecon offer similar water activities for pay-go as well as food and drink, you're probably better off just taking a taxi and walking along the malecon to find a place that suits you.  

BTW,  I have never seen a white sandy beach in Costa Maya.

• Like 1

I have a tendency to agree with crew about the beaches in Costa Maya. The only place I have really experienced a somewhat white sandy beach with somewhat of the blue Caribbean water is away from the malecon (like Almaplena) but your listing says a "short ride", which would be somewhere on the malecon (unless they are referring to just going to the office and then you ride somewhere else to the beach). 

Sometimes when you read the reviews, someone will state where they were at (if you get lucky). I would check the 74 reviews on it and see. 

On 2/22/2023 at 6:26 AM, AACJ said:

This is all they have and I assume it is a stock photo.

Sorry i don’t recognize it either like @crewsweeper and @mitsugirly

I don’t recognize a headland or deserted beach like that since I agree descriptions sound like it has to be one of the clubs on the malecon. I did find a similar photo on another broker site and to me it looks more like west Bay Roatan. I have looked at that site previously and found photos that are completely erroneous.

I agree with Mitsu, try and read the reviews and see if anyone reveals location. Otherwise unless you have credit to use up just book somewhere through a broker or directly that you know where it is.

I did check all the reviews and found nothing.  I may call the excursion company to find out specifics, was just hoping someone here may have happened to go to the same excursion.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, AACJ said:

I did check all the reviews and found nothing.  I may call the excursion company to find out specifics, was just hoping someone here may have happened to go to the same excursion.

Thanks

Let us know if you find out I am intrigued!

Edited by c-leg5