Royal Suite/Penthouse - Help with Shoreside Requests

SeeFoodEatIt

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

It won’t be good if the rumors are true.  I’m just getting used to having one.

It's quite clear to me that the rumors are true. It's been said many times on this board that the best butlers are proactive, not reactive. This will no longer be a possibility in Sky Suites.

• Like 1

If it’s true that butlers are gone from Sky Suites, are there other companies that still offer something similar in that category?

I would be surprised if they made this change and you couldn’t cancel your booking.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

If it’s true that butlers are gone from Sky Suites, are there other companies that still offer something similar in that category?

I would be surprised if they made this change and you couldn’t cancel your booking.

Be prepared to be surprised unless you have a refundable deposit and it is not past final payment date.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Be prepared to be surprised unless you have a refundable deposit and it is not past final payment date.

I don’t know if it’s possible but I may try to move down to Aqua class if we can find a quiet cabin for our Jan 2025 sailing.

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don’t know if it’s possible but I may try to move down to Aqua class if we can find a quiet cabin for our Jan 2025 sailing.

Have you ever cruised in a Celebrity suite with a Butler?

On 7/30/2023 at 7:17 AM, zitsky said:

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

Yes.  6 weeks ago.  Sky Suite.

Your experience was different than mine related to a Butler.  I do not consider the Butler feature high on my list of suite benefits.  I am sure the shared resource will more than meet my needs.  I always find it a little confusing as to the responsibilities between the cabin steward, butler, and retreat staff.

When I sail in a suite on Princess, the cabin steward more than meets my needs.

i would never give up a suite due to the lack of a butler. They are not 100% dedicated to anyone.

Happy sailing.