Deluxe Drink package question…

2 hours ago, Twinmom_2015 said:

We booked the bogo deal the other day, because that was the best deal we saw since booking our cruise.  Now when I go to check on the prices the price reflects what I paid.  How do you know if it went up or down?  

It likely hasn't changed - mine is showing the same price for a few days now, lowest it's been but not low enough for me yet to justify.  The planner will always show the current price per day, so it may be the same.  Mine is still showing the *one day only* BOGO1/2 2 days later but at $75.99pppd, I just can't justify it yet 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Twinmom_2015 said:

I might cancel it. Lol   I am hoping it goes down, because I feel that is over priced too.  

I bought the alcohol package for the first time in my 20 years of cruising because of the margarita day sale (it was priced at $54.99/day, still is actually). I bought it because I couldn't believe how cheap it was and felt like I just had to. 

But I knew the instant I clicked "purchase" that it was a mistake. I kept it for a couple days and then finally cancelled it last night because all I could do was think about how I've never spent $1500 on drinks on a ship ever, and I knew full well it was too much money, even at that "low" of a price. 

32 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I bought the alcohol package for the first time in my 20 years of cruising because of the margarita day sale (it was priced at $54.99/day, still is actually). I bought it because I couldn't believe how cheap it was and felt like I just had to. 

But I knew the instant I clicked "purchase" that it was a mistake. I kept it for a couple days and then finally cancelled it last night because all I could do was think about how I've never spent $1500 on drinks on a ship ever, and I knew full well it was too much money, even at that "low" of a price. 

If mine goes to $54.99 I'm in, right now it's holding at $75.99 and the break even point doesn't seem likely without extra effort and I'm getting old enough I should not be enhancing my indulging 🙂

37 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

If mine goes to $54.99 I'm in, right now it's holding at $75.99 and the break even point doesn't seem likely without extra effort and I'm getting old enough I should not be enhancing my indulging 🙂

I should have mentioned that's $54.99/day for 12 days. If it was 7 I would have kept it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twinmom_2015 said:

I might cancel it. Lol   I am hoping it goes down, because I feel that is over priced too.  

It might, however wait until it does before cancelling your current package.  It would really suck if you cancel now and it goes higher and you end up buying it anyways.

I purchased the Deluxe package the other day myself, and it was $7 higher than the lowest I have seen it for my cruise (a.k.a. 1 Beer a Day lower, lol).  I can manage.