A few questions on the Meraviglia solarium...

Nashna

We will sail on the Meraviglia to Canada and New England this fall.  Since October will be cool and we have several sea days, we think the pool Solarium might be a nice way to spend part of the day.  Has anyone used the solarium onboard Mera?   Are there any restrictions as to age?  Is it heated?  How crowded can this get?  I noticed that there were only loungers on the second floor, is it a problem securing one?  As always, I value your input.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We will sail on the Meraviglia to Canada and New England this fall.  Since October will be cool and we have several sea days, we think the pool Solarium might be a nice way to spend part of the day.  Has anyone used the solarium onboard Mera?   Are there any restrictions as to age?  Is it heated?  How crowded can this get?  I noticed that there were only loungers on the second floor, is it a problem securing one?  As always, I value your input.

The Solarium is on Royal Caribbean Ships. There is an indoor pool and hot tubs on the Meraviglia with a retractable roof which is a family pool and it has two levels.  An area with only hot tubs and sunbeds is Top 19 which is only for Auera cabin guests with key card entry and it is outdoor area

Edited by nednrom

19 hours ago, nednrom said:

The Solarium is on Royal Caribbean Ships. There is an indoor pool and hot tubs on the Meraviglia with a retractable roof which is a family pool and it has two levels.  An area with only hot tubs and sunbeds is Top 19 which is only for Auera cabin guests with key card entry and it is outdoor area

Thank you for your reply. My first MSC cruise was in an Aurera suite, and I used the top deck on that Divina sailing.  I am also familiar with Celebrity's solarium as I recently spent hours on a rainy sea day in one.  The Meraviglia calls the indoor pool area you referenced the Bamboo Pool, which is located in the solarium.  I was interested in finding out more about the use of the solarium as our stateroom is in the YC on the 16th floor, just outside of the solarium area.  It would certainly be convenient to use.  

20 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

I think you might be confused as to what the Solarium is.  May I ask exactly what you are looking for?  The indoor pool?

The Bamboo indoor pool is located in the solarium according to MSC's Meraviglia deck plans.  

• Like 1

Right, it is the Bamboo pool.  We were on ending last week in YC.  It didn't seem too busy or noisy when we went through a few times but ymmv.  We just stuck to YC pool area.  Ship had 4,800.

They run fans just inside by the elevators but watch for slippery marbel by the elevators.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Right, it is the Bamboo pool.  We were on ending last week in YC.  It didn't seem too busy or noisy when we went through a few times but ymmv.  We just stuck to YC pool area.  Ship had 4,800.

They run fans just inside by the elevators but watch for slippery marbel by the elevators.

We enjoy hanging out by the YC pool.  However, the weather in Canada and New England will be too cool to use the outdoor pool.  Thanks for the elevator tip...don't need a slip to ruin our vacation.

A couple of weeks ago that area was never busy

That was our experience

We waked through a few times and only once saw more than 4 people in pool

I would imagine for a colder climate cruise it would be much busier 

It is a nice big space.

42F666D7-E220-4C61-A1F3-3D5910D82BB5.jpeg

F9C6B51E-3B25-4252-8BDF-36FD3734440A.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

Don't know if you smoke or not, but be aware that when we were on MSC Meraglia, the Bamboo pool area allowed smoking on the port side (different from the normal use of Starboard side for MSC).  There is a tendency for the area to fill up with overflow from the buffet area.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Don't know if you smoke or not, but be aware that when we were on MSC Meraglia, the Bamboo pool area allowed smoking on the port side (different from the normal use of Starboard side for MSC).  There is a tendency for the area to fill up with overflow from the buffet area.

That is good to know.  I'm not happy being around smoke.  I wonder if MSC allows this when the roof is open.  I can't imagine they would allow smoking if it were a totally enclosed area.  We shall see...

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

That is good to know.  I'm not happy being around smoke.  I wonder if MSC allows this when the roof is open.  I can't imagine they would allow smoking if it were a totally enclosed area.  We shall see...

I'm a non-smoker too.  Hope it works out for you!