Rest Stops going to Cape Liberty from LI

Nana57

There are no rest stops on the LIE (495) or the Parkways (North/South) westbound. Eastbound there is one tourist information stop on the parkways that could be a rest stop but limited services. 

Best bet is just to get off an exit and find a fast food or store for your comfort needs. 

Which way are you going? We take Belt Parkway through Brooklyn to Staten Island to Bayonne Bridge. Definitely no rest stops. 

But there is a Target and a Kohls right before Verrazano Bridge on Belt Pkway. They usually have decent bathrooms. 

11 hours ago, Nana57 said:

We are living on Long Island now and leaving to go to Cape Liberty in few months. Are there any rest stops along the way?  I see it takes 2 hours to drive there.

Thank you. 

When you are on the Belt Parkway you can get off at the Bay Parkway exit ,park the car and sit on a bench overlooking the water.

8 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

There are no rest stops on the LIE (495) or the Parkways (North/South) westbound. Eastbound there is one tourist information stop on the parkways that could be a rest stop but limited services. 

Best bet is just to get off an exit and find a fast food or store for your comfort needs. 

Traveling from Plainview one normally does not take the LIE .The usual route is the Southern State Parkway or Sunrise Highway.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Would you not believe that if a person lives in Plainview and is asking about traveling from LI ,they would be leaving from Plainview ?

I was asking the OP because it should not take 2 hours to get to the port from Plainview. More like 1.15min-1:30. So maybe they were leaving from a different starting point and not Plainview. Or if it's taking them that long maybe they were going a longer way around and would benefit from a different route suggestion. 

1 hour ago, styme123 said:

I was asking the OP because it should not take 2 hours to get to the port from Plainview. More like 1.15min-1:30. So maybe they were leaving from a different starting point and not Plainview. Or if it's taking them that long maybe they were going a longer way around and would benefit from a different route suggestion. 

Plainview to Bayonne without traffic is 1 hr.45 minutes but there is always traffic unless you go between midnight and 4 AM

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Plainview to Bayonne without traffic is 1 hr.45 minutes but there is always traffic unless you go between midnight and 4 AM

I don't know, I can only speak from my own experience. I live 20-25 min north-west of Plainview. I drove to the port this last weekend on Sunday at 9:00am it took me 50 min to get there. On the way back home from the port, I left the terminal parking garage on Sunday at 7:15am and was in my driveway 45 min later. At this point in the post I'm sure the OP will figure some place to stop.        

1 hour ago, styme123 said:

I don't know, I can only speak from my own experience. I live 20-25 min north-west of Plainview. I drove to the port this last weekend on Sunday at 9:00am it took me 50 min to get there. On the way back home from the port, I left the terminal parking garage on Sunday at 7:15am and was in my driveway 45 min later. At this point in the post I'm sure the OP will figure some place to stop.        

I think the best we ever did driving from the terminal parking garage to our LI driveway was about an hour and 20 minutes and we are 40 minutes south west of Plainview.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, mjkacmom said:

I think Sunday mornings are quicker than most other days/times, it’s one of those trips where traffic is expected.

Not necessarily when driving in Long Island and Brooklyn .There can be very heavy traffic on Sunday mornings due to beaches ,baseball stadiums ,cricket fields and shopping.

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not necessarily when driving in Long Island and Brooklyn .There can be very heavy traffic on Sunday mornings due to beaches ,baseball stadiums ,cricket fields and shopping.

GPS has been a big help over the years, I don’t drive innNJ or NY without it. Back in the day one had to rely on am radio.