spend 4700 to get back 900 deposit?

luckyinpa

a week or so ago it was only about 2K to get back your 900 but who would do this? now paying 4700 so you can get back 900 makes zero sense. i checked a few more suites and it's the same thing. so cant really be an error..can it?

ascent dep.PNG

ascent refund.PNG

Edited by luckyinpa

• luckyinpa changed the title to spend 4700 to get back 900 deposit?
3 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I noticed this last week.  $250 non-refundable deposit.  Pay an extra $550 to make that $250 deposit refundable.  Do they people not understand math?  How many people paid that extra amount?  

I booked the cruise through my travel agent.  A bit cheaper but also a refundable deposit that I didn't need to pay extra for.

The issue is that NRD is 75% discount and Refundable is now only 50% discount.   That 25% of the cruise fare shows up in addition to the actual upcharge for the refundable deposit.

Bottom line is if you are really planning on taking the cruise get the NRD and good insurance.   If you aren't sure.....   Well that's what Celebrity is trying to stop!

I think they are doing this because many passengers in the past would book a lot of cruises in the high end suites without planning on doing them.   They just wanted to have the suites or other cabins in prime locations and booked just in case they decided to go on one of them.  Before finale payment if there wasn’t a price drop or great promo they would cancel  without and monetary loss.  

It is the same as people that would book many appointments with a doctor and cancel most.   They just wanted to have one available if needed.    My wife’s cousin did that.  We found out when my wife mentioned that she tried to make and appointment and the earliest was 2 months.   Her cousin said she does it the smart way.  She books many and then cancels if not needed.   My wife got in earlier as she put her name on the list for being available if there was an opening.   

It is almost the same as people causing shortages on TP.   Stock up but not needed.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1