Encore Recap 2/19-2/26/23

Hmmcminn

Hi all,

I’ve been back from our cruise on the Encore for a week now.  We had a fantastic time and cannot wait until the Joy in August, now!

I don’t think I’ll get around to doing a full day-by-day recap.  But, I will tell you a little of what we did and post the dailies.  Feel free to ask any questions.

——-

This was my 5 cruise, my third on NCL.  My brother and I are both silver and my parents are bronze.

We were a party of 4 in 2 Club Balcony cabins: 15170 and 15178.

We booked air through NCL with a one-day deviation.  Had direct flights through Southwest both ways.

Our itinerary:

1. Embarkation in Miami

2.  Sea Day

3.  Puerto Plata (docked at Taino Bay)

4.  St. Thomas

5.  Tortola

6.  Sea Day

7.  Nassau

Dining:

Specialties:  Cagney’s, Los Lobos

For our other dinners we ate twice in the Manhattan Room, twice at Taste, and once in the buffet.  For breakfast, we ate in The buffet, Savor, Taste, and The Local.  We had lunches/snacks in The Local, the buffet, and the Observation Lounge.

Excursions:

Puerto Plata - we stayed in the pool area at Taino Bay

St. Thomas - Skyride to Paradise Point, Champagne Harbor Cruise

Tortola - Tortola by Land and Sea

Nassau - Blue Lagoon Beach Day

Entertainment:

We saw Choir of Man twice!  We saw the comedians twice each - once was their into show in the theater, then we saw each do their 18+ show.  We saw all the Beatles shows - twice in the theater and twice in the Cavern Club.  We saw the magician once in the theater.  We attended the 80s Party, the Glow Party, and Ocean Music Fest on the pool deck.   

Edited by Hmmcminn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

How many shows did Choir of Man do for the whole cruise?  2 or 4?  We loved the Encore too!  Glad to see the dailies posted.

There were 4 shows.  Two on each night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abd213 said:

Do you need reservations for the Beatles shows?

No reservations offered in theater or in the Cavern Club.

The seating is limited in the Cavern Club.  I recommend getting there early.  We usually saw whatever was going on in the Theater at 7:30, then went right to the Cavern Club for the 9pm (it may have been 9:30) show and we’re able to get right in and get seats.  But, seats always filled up shortly after we arrived.

• Like 1

Thanks for the recap!

Its a shame Kinky Boots is no more.  I feel for the cast and crew that trained so freaking hard for months only to perform for a few months and then Covid cancels everything.  Then once the restart happens, NCL pulls the plug and sends everyone home due to cost.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Thanks for the recap!

Its a shame Kinky Boots is no more.  I feel for the cast and crew that trained so freaking hard for months only to perform for a few months and then Covid cancels everything.  Then once the restart happens, NCL pulls the plug and sends everyone home due to cost.

I'm surprised NCL didn't replace Kinky Boots.

Encore is the newest of the Breakaway Plus ships and deserves better.

We sailed Encore in January, 2020 and had a terrific cruise, that included Kinky Boots and everything else that was promised.

I sailed Joy last June and they had 2 big theater shows, which were really good.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked Joy again for this July.

I certainly hope they don't start cancelling shows on her too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

We sailed Encore in January, 2020 and had a terrific cruise, that included Kinky Boots and everything else that was promised.

I sailed Joy last June and they had 2 big theater shows, which were really good.

They also cancelled Priscilla Queen of the Desert on the Epic and did not replace it with anything.   The only main show now in the theater is Burn the Floor.  And for us, it is an one and done show so we will not be going to see it when we are on the Epic later this month.   

On 3/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, Hmmcminn said:

Hi all,

I’ve been back from our cruise on the Encore for a week now.  We had a fantastic time and cannot wait until the Joy in August, now!

I don’t think I’ll get around to doing a full day-by-day recap.  But, I will tell you a little of what we did and post the dailies.  Feel free to ask any questions.

——-

This was my 5 cruise, my third on NCL.  My brother and I are both silver and my parents are bronze.

We were a party of 4 in 2 Club Balcony cabins: 15170 and 15178.

We booked air through NCL with a one-day deviation.  Had direct flights through Southwest both ways.

Our itinerary:

1. Embarkation in Miami

2.  Sea Day

3.  Puerto Plata (docked at Taino Bay)

4.  St. Thomas

5.  Tortola

6.  Sea Day

7.  Nassau

Dining:

Specialties:  Cagney’s, Los Lobos

For our other dinners we ate twice in the Manhattan Room, twice at Taste, and once in the buffet.  For breakfast, we ate in The buffet, Savor, Taste, and The Local.  We had lunches/snacks in The Local, the buffet, and the Observation Lounge.

Excursions:

Puerto Plata - we stayed in the pool area at Taino Bay

St. Thomas - Skyride to Paradise Point, Champagne Harbor Cruise

Tortola - Tortola by Land and Sea

Nassau - Blue Lagoon Beach Day

Entertainment:

We saw Choir of Man twice!  We saw the comedians twice each - once was their into show in the theater, then we saw each do their 18+ show.  We saw all the Beatles shows - twice in the theater and twice in the Cavern Club.  We saw the magician once in the theater.  We attended the 80s Party, the Glow Party, and Ocean Music Fest on the pool deck.   

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

They also cancelled Priscilla Queen of the Desert on the Epic and did not replace it with anything.   The only main show now in the theater is Burn the Floor.  And for us, it is an one and done show so we will not be going to see it when we are on the Epic later this month.   

I'll be paying close attention to these boards as my Joy sailing approaches.

We, pretty much, go to everything and saw all of the entertainment on her last year and will go to the theater shows again as they were good.

We enjoyed Footloose and thought Elements was even better.

As I've said elsewhere, Joy's entertainment last summer was some of the best of any cruise we've sailed.

We have new people joining us this summer so, hopefully, they get the same experience.

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

Honestly, I was disappointed when I heard that Kinky Boots was cancelled.  But, there was so much going on during our cruise, I don’t know how we could have fit anything else in anyway!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'll be paying close attention to these boards as my Joy sailing approaches.

We, pretty much, go to everything and saw all of the entertainment on her last year and will go to the theater shows again as they were good.

We enjoyed Footloose and thought Elements was even better.

As I've said elsewhere, Joy's entertainment last summer was some of the best of any cruise we've sailed.

We have new people joining us this summer so, hopefully, they get the same experience.

We enjoyed Elements and saw it twice in February and September last year but I fell asleep during Footloose.  

• Like 1