UK food shortages

Kruzkrazy

DW and I will be on the 4/1 British islands cruise on the Venus. I've been reading about food shortages, especially fresh vegetables, in the UK. Anybody know if this has been affecting provisioning of cruise ships calling there? Perhaps Viking ships are provisioned in Scandinavia? Any insights are welcome. Thanx, KK

Oh our media love a bit of hype! Yes if anyone tries to buy five dozen cucumbers they might have a little trouble but we've had no problems whatsoever. It's a temporary blip and is expected to be resolved very quickly.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DGHOC said:

Oh our media love a bit of hype! Yes if anyone tries to buy five dozen cucumbers they might have a little trouble but we've had no problems whatsoever. It's a temporary blip and is expected to be resolved very quickly.

I will be on a cruise in the UK in April, and will be ok with most any vegetables, even if they are truly short on some.  

However, if there is a toilet paper provisioning problem,. . . . 😲 . 🙂

Edited by Catlover54
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

I will be on a cruise in the UK in April, and will be ok with most any vegetables, even if they are truly short on some.  

No, been there, done that during pandemic - ok now 😂😂

8 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

That reminded me ... on a HAL world cruise some years ago, that is exactly what happened. We discovered this the following year, when the Hotel Manager made light of our then-current provisioning issues by saying "at least this time it's not TP".

Needless to say, the attempt at levity was not well received, especially by pax who had experienced that shortage! 🍺🥌

• Like 1