Car Rental Lahaina

cndcruiser65

We will be in Lahaina Maui for a stop with Royal Caribbean in October and would like to rent a car for the day. I noticed most car rentals are in the Kanapalli Beach area. Does anyone know how far that is from the Lahaina cruise terminal,  or the cost to get there for a taxi.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

3 hours ago, cndcruiser65 said:

We will be in Lahaina Maui for a stop with Royal Caribbean in October and would like to rent a car for the day. I noticed most car rentals are in the Kanapalli Beach area. Does anyone know how far that is from the Lahaina cruise terminal,  or the cost to get there for a taxi.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

We also plan to rent a car when we stop in Lahaina in April.  We've reserved from Budget in Kaanapali and it looks like it's about 5 miles from the cruise port.  We plan to take an Uber if available but not sure of the cost.

If you do a little map work, you will see some rental car companies are on the main road between Lahaina and Ka'anapali, 1 or 2 are actually in Ka'anapali. Pre-Covid, there was one on the eastern side of Lahaina (you come ashore on the western side of Lahaina). If you can find that one, it would be the closest.

• Like 1

I’ve rented from both budget and enterprise at the intersection of Honoapi’ilani and  Halawai rd. Maybe 10-15 minutes from the pier depending on traffic. Don’t count on Uber here, although in that area on a ship day I would hope you can find one. If you can find one consider it a bonus :). There should be taxis waiting for you in the harbor area. I’m guessing less than $20 but I haven’t used Uber from Lahaina.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

On 3/6/2023 at 6:25 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Don’t count on Uber here, although in that area on a ship day I would hope you can find one. If you can find one consider it a bonus :).

Has not been our experience with Uber in the area- during the day they are less prevalent than at night (when more are working) but usually it’ll be a 10-15 minute wait from Lahaina during the daytime and 5-10 min at night (and usually less)- just budget time accordingly but there won’t be an issue in getting one.

I’ll use Uber for shorter distances like, like going from our place in Kaanapali to Lahaina or up to Kapalua but will use a taxi for longer distances like going to the main airport.

But for what’s being described here- going from Lahaina to the car rental an Uber will be a reliable option. It’s about $15 in an Uber up to the Avis/Budget spot near Kapalua airport.