Celebrity "Small group" excursions

wildcats40

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Well at least they defined small on this excursion.  Most times they do not.

Almost as your quote says "approximately" which gives X another way out and a reason to cancel if only 15 book. Or they can sell 28 and still meet the  "approximately. Better would be a minimum and maximum figure. Whichever still way to big for us and you are still stuck with a fixed schedule to which you have no input.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Almost as your quote says "approximately" which gives X another way out and a reason to cancel if only 15 book. Or they can sell 28 and still meet the  "approximately. Better would be a minimum and maximum figure. Whichever still way to big for us and you are still stuck with a fixed schedule to which you have no input.

Another way that they can get around this is have two small groups tour together.  I have seen this one.  One of the tour guides was in "training".

I have also seen the small group tours on a full size bus.

The ones that were closer to small groups were ones that visited small exclusive restaurants on the tour.  I feel like this limited Celebritys options in adding additional tour guests at the last minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

Another way that they can get around this is have two small groups tour together.  I have seen this one.  One of the tour guides was in "training".

I have also seen the small group tours on a full size bus.

The ones that were closer to small groups were ones that visited small exclusive restaurants on the tour.  I feel like this limited Celebritys options in adding additional tour guests at the last minute.

The variations and options are almost limitless and always in X's favour. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:00 PM, terrydtx said:

We no longer book any cruise ship sponsored excursions, we now book small group private tours often at less cost than the cruise line. Most small group private tours are 12 or less people.  We are just tired of being hosed by the cruise lines.

I think the most accurate way to say this is "independent semi-private" tours