Canadian Experience Using Royal Caribbean's Air2Sea For Flight Bookings

Fouremco

We have a cruise booked for next January, and the flights will open up next week. I've not booked flights through Air2Sea previously, and I'm wondering about Canadians' experience, particularly for flights to FLL. As it seems like Air Canada is the most likely airline, are there any issues booking them through Air2Sea? Any general comments about using Air2Sea, good, bad or indifferent? I guess that the overriding question is whether or not it's worthwhile booking through them instead of directly with Air Canada as I normally would.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I believe that they would be very similar to Flights By Celebrity, but I haven't used them either.

We book for a November cruise with TAP , and already been emailed about changes a couple 

TAP has made . Changes were only 10 min changes 

We have used Air2sea for a few one-way (overseas) flights and saved a few hundred dollars. I see the website is changed now and if you want a one way fare, you need to call Royal.  

Generally, I found Air2sea prices for round trip from Toronto to any port in Florida to be  slightly higher than if we booked direct through Air Canada (Rouge).  Keep in mind they (Royal) also charge a service fee for booking. I can't remember if it's $15 or $25 USD per person.  

When the pandemic started, our April 2020 cruises were cancelled. We had  4 international flights booked through Air2sea.  So many on our roll call were having problems getting their refunds from various airlines for their cancelled flights but we had our refund from Air2sea in a week or so.  Great customer service.

I have no complaints about Air2sea. We were always happy with the flights we got and never had any problems.   I just wished they hadn't changed their website. If you want a one way flight now, you must call Royal and we all know how time consuming that can be.  There really wasn't much of a savings (if any) by booking through them to fly to FLL or Miami from Toronto.  It's convenient that you can book your flight and don't have to pay up front it.  Check their website and compare prices to Air Canada  for a direct flight.             http://www.royalcaribbean.com/flights/bookFlights

24 minutes ago, hancogran said:

We have used Air2sea for a few one-way (overseas) flights and saved a few hundred dollars. I see the website is changed now and if you want a one way fare, you need to call Royal.  

Generally, I found Air2sea prices for round trip from Toronto to any port in Florida to be  slightly higher than if we booked direct through Air Canada (Rouge).  Keep in mind they (Royal) also charge a service fee for booking. I can't remember if it's $15 or $25 USD per person.  

When the pandemic started, our April 2020 cruises were cancelled. We had  4 international flights booked through Air2sea.  So many on our roll call were having problems getting their refunds from various airlines for their cancelled flights but we had our refund from Air2sea in a week or so.  Great customer service.

I have no complaints about Air2sea. We were always happy with the flights we got and never had any problems.   I just wished they hadn't changed their website. If you want a one way flight now, you must call Royal and we all know how time consuming that can be.  There really wasn't much of a savings (if any) by booking through them to fly to FLL or Miami from Toronto.  It's convenient that you can book your flight and don't have to pay up front it.  Check their website and compare prices to Air Canada  for a direct flight.             http://www.royalcaribbean.com/flights/bookFlights

Yes,  Air 2 Sea website is so much worst than Flight by Celebrity where you can still book one way flights online or at least check prices 

• Like 1

We've used Air to Sea several times with no problems.  We were easily able to select the flights we wanted on the day we wanted (ie going in a day early)  Just keep in mind that if you want to select seats you need to ask Air to Sea to issue the tickets.  This will allow you to access your reservation on the airline web site.  If you wait until final payment, the seats you may want could be taken.  Or if you are not a big planner, wait until then and take what is available.

I have used Air2Sea, Flights by Celebrity and Fly2Fun (Carnival )

I only use them for one way Transatlantic flights. 

I find little benefit for using them to USA. Pricewise that is.

One benefit of course is you do not have to pay until final payment.

36 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I have used Air2Sea, Flights by Celebrity and Fly2Fun (Carnival )

I only use them for one way Transatlantic flights. 

I find little benefit for using them to USA. Pricewise that is.

One benefit of course is you do not have to pay until final payment.

My open jaw ticket was cheaper when I combined YYZ to FCO on TAP and than Tampa to YYZ on AC  than buying separately 

Well, it looks like I'll be booking directly with AC. I just priced it out on Air2Sea and the cost is just under $170 CAD more, based on today's exchange rate. And that doesn't include the $25 USD per person fee for booking with them. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Well, it looks like I'll be booking directly with AC. I just priced it out on Air2Sea and the cost is just under $170 CAD more, based on today's exchange rate. And that doesn't include the $25 USD per person fee for booking with them. 

I did not know Air2Sea had a booking fee 

I found the only saving is when you flying to the EU 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I did not know Air2Sea had a booking fee 

I found the only saving is when you flying to the EU 

Yes, but I erred in the amount. For North American flights, it's only $15 USD per person:

Q    Do I pay any additional fees for using Air2Sea?
A
Yes, there is a nominal service fee to use Air2Sea. Royal Caribbean International charges a service fee of $15 USD per person for travel within North America, and Canada, and $25 USD per person for International destinations. Please visit the website or speak with one of our air travel experts at (844) 278-9745 for the most updated information.

I find it amusing that they don't consider Canada as falling within North America. Or that they don't consider the US an international destination when flying from Canada. The writers must be the same ones who say that "each guest of drinking age may bring one (1) sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne." Last time I checked, champagne was a wine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, but I erred in the amount. For North American flights, it's only $15 USD per person:

Q    Do I pay any additional fees for using Air2Sea?
A
Yes, there is a nominal service fee to use Air2Sea. Royal Caribbean International charges a service fee of $15 USD per person for travel within North America, and Canada, and $25 USD per person for International destinations. Please visit the website or speak with one of our air travel experts at (844) 278-9745 for the most updated information.

I find it amusing that they don't consider Canada as falling within North America. Or that they don't consider the US an international destination when flying from Canada. The writers must be the same ones who say that "each guest of drinking age may bring one (1) sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne." Last time I checked, champagne was a wine.

Celebrity states no booking fees 

Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee* means you get the best value in air travel—a benefit no other cruise line offers—without any booking fees.