Sitka Excursion - Hot Italian Glass on HAL?

Hllb

Has anyone taken this tour? It might be new this season, which would mean no one has taken it yet. I personally want to do snorkeling, but my kids are interested in this tour.

With all due respect, there is so much more to see in Sitka (and true to Alaska) than a glass blowing excursion. The Alaska Raptor Center, Fortress of the Bears, Totem Park are truly wonderful.

Hope you enjoy Sitka, whatever you choose to do.

• Like 2

We did this tour a few years ago. It is ok, but would not do again. Most of it you can do on your own. If you MUST blow your own glass, do it, but all you will come away with is a glass cocktail stirrer!

9 hours ago, DogLover said:

With all due respect, there is so much more to see in Sitka (and true to Alaska) than a glass blowing excursion. The Alaska Raptor Center, Fortress of the Bears, Totem Park are truly wonderful.

Hope you enjoy Sitka, whatever you choose to do.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to keep this excursion a bit more affordable as we're doing some pricey ones on other port stops. I'll look at these options again though.

43 minutes ago, Gsel said:

We did this tour a few years ago. It is ok, but would not do again. Most of it you can do on your own. If you MUST blow your own glass, do it, but all you will come away with is a glass cocktail stirrer!

Thanks for the first hand info. This wasn't at the top of my list but my kids picked it. I'll have to discuss with them again.

13 hours ago, Hllb said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to keep this excursion a bit more affordable as we're doing some pricey ones on other port stops. I'll look at these options again though.

I would recommend checking with Sitka Wildlife tours which are quite affordable. We did the Premium Sitka sightseeing which lists for $89 per person. From what I found, the glass blowing excursion starts at $79.95 per person. (Sitka Wildlife Tour price includes transportation and admission.)

Sitka Wildlife Tours | Scenic Tours of Sitka, Alaska

Edited by DogLover
Add information