Flow Rider

Depending on the ship with one or 2 flowriders, there is a schedule for boogie board, self assisted stand up and advanced stand up or mixed wave for those with one flowrider.

In order to do stand up, you first must try the boogie board, then you can go to the mixed wave session or self assisted stand up. they give you 2 tries to get your bracelet each session.  Once you have you wristband you can go during the relevant sessions.  No lessons required.

Edited by irishgal432

1 hour ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Starting to get the impression that you don't get anything for nothing on these ships.

You don't have to take/pay for a lesson but to ride stand up, you need to be able to load yourself and stay up long enough to satisfy the staff.

No lesson required but I'd highly recommend it unless you have some experience already. They are limiting the number of tries to stand up and get the blue band so if you don't get your band you're done for the day. By taking a lesson the first day this will ensure you get the most out of the FlowRider for the rest of your cruise IMO.

On 3/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, taglovestocruise said:

You could do a 14 night transatlantic on these ships, have the time of your life, do almost everything and never spend a dime. 

Yes, I've noted that recently people on this board are saying that EVERYTHING costs money onboard.  Not true.  If you pay your tips up front, you really can have a great time onboard without spending anything except the cost of a few drinks.  

Remember:  Just because they offer it, you don't have to buy it.  

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:12 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, I've noted that recently people on this board are saying that EVERYTHING costs money onboard.  Not true.  If you pay your tips up front, you really can have a great time onboard without spending anything except the cost of a few drinks.  

Remember:  Just because they offer it, you don't have to buy it.  

Paying upfront is still paying....do you think the prices of things to do at Coco Cay is reasonable? How is any sun lounger worth £1200?!!!!!!!

The only things that are free are food, cheap coffee and juice, the shows, mini golf

It looks like even the gym classes are payable as well now

But-it depends on what you like doing I suppose. 

Anyway I have my answer thank you all

1 minute ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Why so?......

Anyone who surfs knows it's not the same.  I tried surfing in Hawaii... Failed horribly lol.

Most new people call it surfing.  Other people who have done it a while call it, flowboarding or stand up flowriding since it's so different.

6 minutes ago, Blur said:

Anyone who surfs knows it's not the same.  I tried surfing in Hawaii... Failed horribly lol.

Most new people call it surfing.  Other people who have done it a while call it, flowboarding or stand up flowriding since it's so different.

I have done both, I attended a week long Surf school initially and then have surfed alone many times since and have actually entered competitions. Hey we will see, have to admit I did lose a bikini top in Majorca one time on a flowrider so maybe I will dress more sensibly this time

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ClaireA1978 said:

I have done both, I attended a week long Surf school initially and then have surfed alone many times since and have actually entered competitions. Hey we will see, have to admit I did lose a bikini top in Majorca one time on a flowrider so maybe I will dress more sensibly this time

If you've surfed and is good at it then chances are great you'll pick up flowboarding quickly.  My concern was just your wording since it gives off impression you are newish so didn't want you to fail the stand up test and be forced to pay for a lesson like others mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blur said:

If you've surfed and is good at it then chances are great you'll pick up flowboarding quickly.  My concern was just your wording since it gives off impression you are newish so didn't want you to fail the stand up test and be forced to pay for a lesson like others mentioned earlier.

I didn't give it much thought to be honest 🙂  Thanks

• Like 1