RC connection time from Newark Barcelona

NICDI01

I my flight is booked through A2S on United Airlines for a cruise to Spain. I am flying from Dallas with a connection in Newark, NJ. Do I have to go through customs if my connection is still on United Airlines going to Barcelona? 

I think you mean immigration and/or security.  Dallas to Newark is a domestic flight, and will land in the domestic terminal.  In Dallas, they should take your passport info, and luggage and it should to through to BCN.   However, some airports when changing to an international flight/terminal, you need to pass through TSA a second time.  Most likely it is not at Newark and you use the airtrain from terminal to terminal  When you get to Spain, you will absolutely go through immigration, since Barcelona is your point of entry.

TSA is security to get into the airside of a airport.

Airline check in - loads your passport info into the flight info system

Immigration - enter a country.

Just a note, you will go through immigration again when you return in the USA and this is not TSA.    

Just to add, you go through security for the ship in Barcelona, where they verify your passport info, and when you get off the ship, you will go through an immigration officer to enter Spain.  On very rare occasions, on a cruise, when entering one of the ports, you may need your passport but I don't think your cruise goes to any of those places.

Edited by Joseph2017China

If you are connecting from a United flt to another United flt most likely both are in terminal C.  No problem.  If you have to change terminals then United usually has a bus to get you there and you never leave secured area.  No additional TSA review. 

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

If you are connecting from a United flt to another United flt most likely both are in terminal C.  No problem.  If you have to change terminals then United usually has a bus to get you there and you never leave secured area.  No additional TSA review. 

And to add a note to this since it sounds like OP is not familiar with EWR: if your Barcelona flight is out of Terminal B instead of Terminal C, do NOT exit the terminal to go to the AirTrain. United has buses available from one of the Terminal C gates to take you to Terminal B, remaining airside (within the secured area) the entire time.

25 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

And to add a note to this since it sounds like OP is not familiar with EWR: if your Barcelona flight is out of Terminal B instead of Terminal C, do NOT exit the terminal to go to the AirTrain. United has buses available from one of the Terminal C gates to take you to Terminal B, remaining airside (within the secured area) the entire time.

Yes.  And the same goes if for some reason you land at terminal A and need to get to a gate at B or C.  Don't leave the secured area.  Just ask a gate person how to get to your next flight. 

8 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I think you mean immigration and/or security.  Dallas to Newark is a domestic flight, and will land in the domestic terminal.  In Dallas, they should take your passport info, and luggage and it should to through to BCN.   However, some airports when changing to an international flight/terminal, you need to pass through TSA a second time.  Most likely it is not at Newark and you use the airtrain from terminal to terminal  When you get to Spain, you will absolutely go through immigration, since Barcelona is your point of entry.

TSA is security to get into the airside of a airport.

Airline check in - loads your passport info into the flight info system

Immigration - enter a country.

Just a note, you will go through immigration again when you return in the USA and this is not TSA.    

Just to add, you go through security for the ship in Barcelona, where they verify your passport info, and when you get off the ship, you will go through an immigration officer to enter Spain.  On very rare occasions, on a cruise, when entering one of the ports, you may need your passport but I don't think your cruise goes to any of those places.

If your cruise is closed loop, returning to Barcelona, there will be no immigration check when you get off the ship.  Same if it a cruise ending in another port if it is a Schengen country.  You will have to show passport at the airport but next immigration will be in the USA.  EM

23 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

If your cruise is closed loop, returning to Barcelona, there will be no immigration check when you get off the ship.  Same if it a cruise ending in another port if it is a Schengen country.  You will have to show passport at the airport but next immigration will be in the USA.  EM

You go through immigration in the USA on closed loop.