Drink Package Switcheroo

sherylc

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

From Celebrity website , hopeful this is the latest 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

• Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non Frozen

• Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Aqua Spa Fresh Juices
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Vitamin Water

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

From Celebrity website , hopeful this is the latest 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

• Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non Frozen

• Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Aqua Spa Fresh Juices
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Vitamin Water

Got it, thanks.

me and my husband are booked on the Equinox April 6th and have the promotional Classic Alcohol package.  We both don’t drink alcohol, and I just called Captains Club to see if I can downgrade to Zero Proof package.  I was told sure, for an extra $297 pp!!  I thought maybe I didn’t hear him properly, so I asked him to repeat himself, and yes, I would actually be charged more.  I told him to just leave our package as is, thank you very much.  Well at least I called them and don’t have to waste my precious ship time trying to make the switch.  

26 minutes ago, hildacloake said:

me and my husband are booked on the Equinox April 6th and have the promotional Classic Alcohol package.  We both don’t drink alcohol, and I just called Captains Club to see if I can downgrade to Zero Proof package.  I was told sure, for an extra $297 pp!!  I thought maybe I didn’t hear him properly, so I asked him to repeat himself, and yes, I would actually be charged more.  I told him to just leave our package as is, thank you very much.  Well at least I called them and don’t have to waste my precious ship time trying to make the switch.  

Based on the results and comments others have made on this subject, I would suggest you call Captains Club again and hopefully you will get someone else who will work with you.  

• Like 1

I have a feeling that there is no training program for their employees at Celebrity. The agents don’t use common sense and ask questions. I am sure there are some experienced agents. Lucky us. We just have to keep calling until we find one. 😔

15 hours ago, bboop51 said:

What's it to you ?  Is that your only take away  from this ?  Here is why. . My package came with it and I felt I should keep it. Unless I was going to get credit for it, 

I suspect you have learned from the more recent posts that there are significantly more upgraded non alcoholic drinks that you get with the Zero Proof package over the non alcoholic portion of the Classic package.  Per your post they offered to downgrade you the Zero Proof and gave you a choice.  Since you cannot and do not drink alcohol it was a great offer.  Others have not been so lucky.  

What’s it to me?  I just seemed from you various posts that you did not have a clear understanding.  It is a different story is a person drinks alcohol.

2 hours ago, GreenDice said:

I have a feeling that there is no training program for their employees at Celebrity. The agents don’t use common sense and ask questions. I am sure there are some experienced agents. Lucky us. We just have to keep calling until we find one. 😔

The cabin came with a beverage package.  That package include a large number of non alcoholic beverages.  The policy is clear that you cannot downgrade unless you cannot consume alcoholic beverages.  Seems pretty simple to me to have your doctor write a note that you should not consume alcohol.

The policy makes little sense, but that is what it is.

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Based on the results and comments others have made on this subject, I would suggest you call Captains Club again and hopefully you will get someone else who will work with you.  

Called again today, and was told that I can’t make any change after final payment date, which was Jan 6.  He said he can no longer make changes with the drink package.  The only thing he offered to do was rebook as cruise only and add Zero Proof.  I told him No Thank you,  Maybe I will tgo to Guest Relations when we get on ship, before we get a drink.  

On 3/17/2023 at 10:43 PM, jagoffee said:

I suspect you have learned from the more recent posts that there are significantly more upgraded non alcoholic drinks that you get with the Zero Proof package over the non alcoholic portion of the Classic package.  Per your post they offered to downgrade you the Zero Proof and gave you a choice.  Since you cannot and do not drink alcohol it was a great offer.  Others have not been so lucky.  

What’s it to me?  I just seemed from you various posts that you did not have a clear understanding.  It is a different story is a person drinks alcohol.

There is nothing on the zero proof package that made any difference to me. The tone of your post  did  not appear  to be a helpful one, as many are. We can agree to part ways here. I won't be engaging with you again.

3 hours ago, bboop51 said:

There is nothing on the zero proof package that made any difference to me. The tone of your post  did  not appear  to be a helpful one, as many are. We can agree to part ways here. I won't be engaging with you again.

Yep!

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update for everyone, maybe it applies to you, maybe not. 

Historically you were able to upgrade individual guests from classic beverage package to premium (for about $200 CAD). They recently updated their policies so now you need to upgrade the entire cabin, regardless of whether it’ll be used, which is annoying if only 1 person will use it (but I get it, they’re a business and want to make sure you don’t share packages). 

Today, 5 May 2023 I was able to have the classic to premium upgrade refunded for 1 guest (who is medically unable to drink due to medications), by stating their “FAQs show that an exemption will be made for recovering alcoholics and those who are medically unable to drink alcohol.” I had to call in, and only was offered the option once I quoted their FAQs. The situation might not apply to everyone,  but there is hope if you fit in to these parameters. 

I don’t know if I’ll be able to manage getting them to refund the difference for 1 guest between classic and zero proof, but I was instructed to speak to guest relations once onboard (June 4 to Alaska from Vancouver!) as there are notes on my file. I’ll update this post for everyone if I manage to get the classic to zero proof difference refunded for one guest once onboard!

IMG_1861.thumb.jpeg.e846cbe81dce50488f163268760c454b.jpeg

Edited by CruiseTy
  • Like 1