M.S. Sunward

FLAHAM

Oh yeah, My first cruise was on the Sunward back in 1979. Loved it so much that we then went on the maiden voyage of the SS Norway in 1980. Even the difference between those two ships was something but boy have they changed since then! Some changes great, some not so much...

• Like 1

My second cruise was in 1974 (I was 13) on the Starward. Small ship but still had plenty to do. They even had movies by the pool!

Very first cruise was on Home Lines Oceanic in 1973, NY to Nassau. I loved that ship.

Next up will be #45 on the Norwegian Jade from Athens Nay 14. 

Edited by cwtravel

On 3/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, sunkey1 said:

Oh yeah, My first cruise was on the Sunward back in 1979. Loved it so much that we then went on the maiden voyage of the SS Norway in 1980. Even the difference between those two ships was something but boy have they changed since then! Some changes great, some not so much...

Just curious. I cruised on Norway at least 8 times and the Sunward, Starward, Skyward, Southward, ect. maybe a total of 20-25 cruises, but when NCL went Bankrupt they lost all my cruises and we had to start over in 2016 as first time cruisers.. Did you have the same experience as we did? We cruise mostly on Celebrity and Royal now because we are Elite Plus & Diamond Plus!

19 hours ago, IsanTom said:

Just curious. I cruised on Norway at least 8 times and the Sunward, Starward, Skyward, Southward, ect. maybe a total of 20-25 cruises, but when NCL went Bankrupt they lost all my cruises and we had to start over in 2016 as first time cruisers.. Did you have the same experience as we did? We cruise mostly on Celebrity and Royal now because we are Elite Plus & Diamond Plus!

They didn't push us back that far but I did lose out on about 15 cruises when they started the new rewards (Latitudes) program. Ticked me off enough that I went and became Platinum with Carnival and cruised with RCCL, Princess and Celebrity before finally going back to NCL again. Now I select based purely on ship, itinerary and price, not totally loyal to any one line.

• 5 months later...