From Yacht Club back to Bella! Is there any going back?! Live review MSC Virtuosa 17-24th March.

ConnieTact

20 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Did you go to it on Grandiosa ?  lots of folks singing songs loudly,  different songs in foreign languages so I couldn't even join in  🤣🤣🤣

I somehow missed that on a Grandiosa. There’s a man sitting in horizon bar with his silent disco headphones on! Two days later! Now that’s quite a party! He’s not dancing though! 😂

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

How does Horizon bar compare with YC afternoon tea service? No comparison! YC is the 5 star experience and this is more like a stop in a bust airport lounge!  Our table not wiped down and stained from last customer. I asked for cake and the server looked at me shocked to think I wasn’t going up to get my own! 😅

I just asked for another tea but table still stained and not wiped again!

The bar is very crowded and not many seats available. We have all the announcements on- yet another drill-I’m not sure we suffered that in YC! 
Nothing like the treat we would get in YC so I admit I am missing that element right now. 7CEE9D3B-E459-47EC-857F-A2666DFD8656.thumb.jpeg.03cf5ff5dc6de9c4b588564f45a41eb3.jpeg

Horizon is the outside bar at the back don't recall glass tables? 

38 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Horizon is the outside bar at the back don't recall glass tables? 

My mistake! It was the Sky Lounge! Yes, we walked through Horizon after a couple of laps around the walking track. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 2:21 PM, ConnieTact said:

Welcome aboard LiquidWu! 
That sounds like a great idea! Maybe tomorrow PM, on our sea day? We could meet at L’Atelier if you fancy it? Perhaps, let’s wait to see the activities on offer for tomorrow. We’ll have internet until we sail tonight but you can always leave a message for us on our phone…cabin 12258. 
I can’t believe I took a photo of you car- luckl

you didn’t take one of me, on balcony, in my dressing gown! 😅😂

Hello,
I still enjoy reading here and hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise. 

Sorry that I write here again something in the public area, but your personal mailbox here is disabled.
I unfortunately read your nice suggestion with the L'Atelier Bar too late. A wonderful place that I also like very much.  Since for tomorrow (formerly France) all excursions are canceled, I would have lots of time. I would like to participate only in the bridge tour, otherwise I am very flexible.

How does it look for you? Would that still fit?
Warm greetings from Michael

Edited by LiquidWu
​ PS: Oh to late 😞 Maybe internet still available? ​

On 3/17/2023 at 7:34 PM, ConnieTact said:

Yes! It was Landon black label- top of the list - I’ll work my way through! Had some at meal tonight and now getting a glass in Masters of sea!

I took a photo of all I am entitled to on drinks package!  

05552A15-6081-4792-815B-F2D3EF7F4601.jpeg

I had some of the Cremant on our recent trip, very nice. 

On 3/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, ConnieTact said:

Oh Please MSC! Please change the water bottles- I cannot open them for toffee! 😅

most people struggle- it’s not just me- honestly! 
has anyone else had this issue? I have to remember to ask servers to undo them! 

6A315FD6-989F-45A5-8624-E89C4274B237.jpeg

me too, had to get the husband to open them each time!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 6:44 AM, ConnieTact said:

Next was the Cruise Next talk and that was interesting and well done. I never get fed up investigating cruise opportunities and have two further cruises with MSC booked (in YC) so we resisted booking more. 

901876B2-0CB2-4917-B19C-EA4032D4B6EF.jpeg

Are prices onboard better than those offered by travel agents (TAs) please @ConnieTact

I also have used several TAs including the "Ice House", "a nation of cruisers" and the online only UK agent. I may be booking my next cruise with a different TA as they seem to offer a better deal. 

I really have come to a realization that the ‘Non YC’ experience is MUCH better when you get out of the MSC North American product. I really think the quality is 400% better.  What I see on posts here consistently out of EU and GB is so much better than what FL passengers (and soon to be NY) have to endure. After my last YC experience out of FL I really think we need to do a Balcony over the pond. I think that’s the answer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BoundForSea said:

I really have come to a realization that the ‘Non YC’ experience is MUCH better when you get out of the MSC North American product. I really think the quality is 400% better.  What I see on posts here consistently out of EU and GB is so much better than what FL passengers (and soon to be NY) have to endure. After my last YC experience out of FL I really think we need to do a Balcony over the pond. I think that’s the answer. 

Different demographic onboard non-US sailings - especially Med ones - where there’s a great mix of nationalities, so no one particular one dominates.  Usually makes for a great vibe.

Having said that, one of our less enjoyable YC experiences was on a 28 night repo from Dubai to Japan, where the demographic was made up predominantly of 2 particular nationalities and the atmosphere bordered on unpleasant.  Nothing but complaining the whole cruise.   One of our best was in YC, 23 nights total,  Meraviglia from New York to Canada B2B with NY to Miami, taking in the Caribbean.  We met so many wonderful people on that cruise from GB and, especially, US, all CCers and had a wonderful time. 

9 hours ago, Raj.K said:

Are prices onboard better than those offered by travel agents (TAs) please @ConnieTact

I also have used several TAs including the "Ice House", "a nation of cruisers" and the online only UK agent. I may be booking my next cruise with a different TA as they seem to offer a better deal. 

I tried a on board booking about a week ago, this was my experience 

Was offered the MSC price nothing extra.

They auto transfer to booking agent(the on-line only one this time) of the current cruise(some they can take in house).
I would have needed to call( the main agent of the on line only) to check if they would do their normal 15% or better,  the cruise consultant set up the booking that had a 24hr hold so the TA could see it.

In the end I let it lapse as I was also looking at an NCL cruise with only 2 weeks between and we struggle with the short gaps. 

There is a new benefit of booking on board unlimited changes up to 90 days out, which will be handy for some people, the one I was looking at was less than that already(50).
I regularly scan all the cruise UK agents  if you found another one that is competitive  will be interested as that gives more choice.

I also check US and EU prices, for the UK sailing UK has come out better every one I checked.

7 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Interesting as we are looking to add some fly cruises

Our ex UK we have been happy with have been....

homeport Southampton where they mainly embark brits, the med runs have a couple of extra embark ports Malaga and Barcelona.
The prices with kids free can attract an interesting extra demographic especially during school holidays,  I think very full cruises with people packed and service under pressure people can get edgy.

home port Hamburg they embark at all ports which gives that international mix, the prices have been attracting a few booze cruisers seems it is only the short 2-4 day that seem to suffer, the longer 7n ones and winter destination is not that attractive for a lot that want sun .

We have been looking at the longer relocations but @Beamafar has highlighted the demographic issue we used to read about on the South America runs which means more research/reviews on recent long trips especially the gulf<->Southampton ones.    

We had a wonderful evening with @LiquidWu last night- great conversation, laughter & dancing. Thanks for coming to introduce yourself! 
We started in Champagne bar, next the Italia show, then enjoyed Dario in the pub. Lastly, a sneaky pizza for Mr CT from the buffet. Just got there before closing! 
It was White nite but I forgot in my rush to 1B572F24-5AB8-421D-BB75-1922F14C332D.thumb.jpeg.4457b3dca9eedc48f45b86ce48693045.jpegget to early dining so I was in black! 😅 No slippers this time though!

D7760406-096B-4282-BA6A-075C66BC1A7A.jpeg

FB96F0F6-16CF-487A-874F-297EBBC34169.jpeg

DAC17F8D-2382-446D-96AC-DEE4A0A648C7.jpeg

B112DE48-2B3F-4D79-909D-4AC0E282AEB5.png

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 3

Have been resting in our room this afternoon as MrCT kept to his promise of whatever is mine is yours! I now feel a little under the weather too! 😅 The joy of a cruise is everything is done for you and an ideal convalescent home at sea! 😂

My surprise was- room service delivering me a surprise ’token’ of bubbles and a delicious plate of treats! 
Guest service team sent this declaring I was a special guest! 😍

I have to say, the service I received from them was every bit as friendly and efficient as at the YC concierge desk! Niamh one of the team, went out of her way to help me with my queries yesterday. Hopefully, we will be seeing her as a YC concierge one day soon?! 

B45539AB-0379-42C4-841B-EE0A8BB46E11.jpeg

7EA11EDA-B6B5-416A-8F79-CA691FF988D3.jpeg

6F71D903-AB6A-444C-9575-28DA8140EC16.jpeg

• Like 6

Last nite’s notes!-

Earlier we were not hungry enough to eat at our early dining time so decided to pack and then go to the buffet instead.

It’s great to have that choice. We like the fact you can choose exactly what you want and in just the right portion size. We went at 8pm and it was not too busy as both sides were still open.

There is a slightly different offering, for example on a fruit plate in the main restaurant you could not have. Whole tangerine or fresh ripe plums or kiwi fruit.

I had two different types of fish and MrCT had rice and beef in red wine sauce. All were fine. The drinks service and table clearance was slow, but we had prepared for that and taken drinks from champagne bar to drink in there. 

Sometimes we like the more casual feel of the buffet, and it certainly made for a quicker meal. Great for families, and also for people who want to eat by themselves rather than share a table.

It’s good to have the chance of a change of venue and dining style.

Edited by ConnieTact
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Earlier we were not hungry enough to eat at our early dining time so decided to pack and then go to the buffet instead.

It’s great to have that choice. We like the fact you can choose exactly what you want and in just the right portion size. We went at 8pm and it was not too busy as both sides were still open.

There is a slightly different offering, for example on a fruit plate in the main restaurant you could not have. Whole tangerine or fresh ripe plums or kiwi fruit.

I had two different types of fish and MrCT had rice and beef in red wine sauce. All were fine. The drinks service and table clearance was slow, but we had prepared for that and taken drinks from champagne bar to drink in there. 

Sometimes we like the more casual feel of the buffet, and it certainly made for a quicker meal. Great for families, and also for people who want to eat by themselves rather than share a table.

It’s good to have the chance of a change of venue and dining style.

In the buffet we started using the high tops near the bar when available.

good people watch and every bar person passes you so no problems getting drinks.

Right to the back was our other preferred location.