Port or starboard

lynnek

26 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, I would choose port or starboard.

As opposed to aft?

More seriously, OP, you want to be on the port side if you want more of a chance at a land view from your cabin while underway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lynnek said:

Sailing from Singapore to Thailand and Vietnam and ending in Hong Kong would you choose port or starboard and why??

We are on a Singapore to Hong Kong cruise in December (Solstice).  We booked a starboard balcony out of habit because it keeps us away from the port side of the ship where smoking is allowed in certain public outdoor areas (my wife gets migraines from cigarette smoke exposure).

View-wise I would think that the port side is better.  As the ship travels north, the coast (when it is visible) will be on that side of the ship.  Also the port side gets the view of the sun set on most days.

As far as evaluating which side of the ship is best when it comes to pulling into or out of port, I don't know.

Either way, we are very much looking forward to this cruise and hoping--after 3 COVID cancellations--that this cruise actually sails this time!

7C01B747-62C7-41E3-8753-1FE1A36B6061_4_5005_c.jpeg.e14c9086041871156fa7f6586c0c0b33.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1