Anyone recently use Premier Parking for Miami cruise

Nashna

once ... never again ....

the port is pretty much in the middle of down town.  I worked down town for years and parking was $$$ and often not very secure.

IMO anyplace that says they have low cost parking anywhere near the port is twisting the truth.

The one time I tried off site in Miami I ended up parked in a recently cleared graveled lot and the attendant was in a lawn chair with an umbrella ..... on our return we waited an hour for a shuttle.

If you want to find your vehicle in the same condition you left it take the advice of most Cruise Critic posters and park your vehicle at the Port Of Miami. I have read too many sad stories about damaged vehicles, shoddy downtown Miami locations and poor shuttle service over the years.. Cruise Critic posters who live in the Miami area all suggest that the safest place to park is directly at the port.

From my understanding the lot premier uses is an enclosed garage in Downtown. It is fine, and your car will be fine. The horror stories we used to hear about cars being driven around, or stolen, and broken into are not that common anymore. For two reasons, one people just park at the port, and second, there is just not a lot of empty lots near the port anymore like there was in the 90s and 2000s. Miami is built up. 

That being said, look at google. The reviews are terrible and for the thousands you are spending on a cruise, I would rather just park at the port. I have never heard a good thing about off site parking, especially dealing with the shuttle getting to and from the port that can take hours, even though it is 10-mins drive. I guess you could Uber. 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1

If it is the Premier Parking at the Met3 ramp you will be OK, but last time I checked they were $15 and the port was $22.  We always park off site unless our cruise is a short 3 day.  Granted, we do not drive an expensive fancy new car.