Chair Exercises for Seniors!

Are chair exercises offered on board?   At my age, there’s no way I’m going to be doing a spin class or rock wall climbing.  🚴‍♀️ 🧗‍♀️

Recently did a Silver Sneakers Bruno Mars 30 minute video on YouTube.  Fun!  I’ll be doing a B2B Alaskan cruise in June.  
Would like to keep up with chair exercises if I can.

Thanks!

I didn't hear about chair exercises, but -- if you have the video downloaded on your phone -- you could do them in your own room.  Or in the gym.  

They offered water aerobics fairly early in the mornings.  

Another option is just simply walking on the jogging track.  

Silver Sneakers has dozens of YouTube videos for seniors. In YT, just search on "silver sneakers" or "silver sneakers chair" if you only want chair-based routines.

If you get internet for the cruise, you could do the exercises in you cabin following the video. If you're not planning on buying an internet package, you could download a number of these videos at home before the cruise.

There's some debate over the legality of downloading YouTube videos, but I believe that there is tacit agreement that if you are downloading them for personal use only and for a limited period of time, you are ok. If in doubt, get the internet package.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I haven’t seen anything like that, but it seems like a wonderful idea for passengers who cannot too strenuous exercise

Agree ... I think it's an event that'd draw enough people to justify its existence.  

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

... There's some debate over the legality of downloading YouTube videos, but I believe that there is tacit agreement that if you are downloading them for personal use only and for a limited period of time, you are ok ... 

Yeah, you're fine with downloading it for your own personal use.  

I am not sure about Royal, but I have seen on some Carnival ships during some dancing classes, they have an employee sitting down in a chair doing some of the moves for those with disabilities.  So maybe look for that versus something specifically for the more mature group.

While this isn't listed as exercise specifically, it still gets one moving and is better than nothing. 😉

Edited by TheBucketLister