Priority Boarding question

CruiseCritic911

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It is possible that you have this backwards?  Club Dining ( Reserve) is Club Class Dining  and those staying in a suite are allowed to dine in the Club Class Dining,  the area was not created for Suites.  It was created to value to some mini suites, so Princess can charge a premium. (Premium locations as well)

I only have one recent experience  with a January boarding in San Pedro.  There was a special check in for Elites and Full Suite guests and a special waiting area with refreshments.  We were given a Boarding card with a letter on it.  We waited until boarding started and then we immediately boarded.  
Our friends were in a Club Class mini suite and they boarded from a different area.  I am not really sure where the Platinum level people waited and boarded.  

I am far from an expert, but just because something say priority that does not necessarily mean  everyone has the number one priority.  I believe that statement relates to priority over general boarding.

For disembarkation the full suites waiting in Crooners.

We were on the Emerald.  What ship were you on with the Club Class mini suite?

My response pertains to boarding. If you are in a suite, then you are in the "bunch" who boards with handicapped, Elite, Platinum and Suites.

Since covid. we board in a bunch.

19 hours ago, nini said:

My response pertains to boarding. If you are in a suite, then you are in the "bunch" who boards with handicapped, Elite, Platinum and Suites.

Since covid. we board in a bunch.

Yes, but Club Class can either be a full suite or a Club Class mini suite, and they don't have the same degree of priority in priority boarding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

Yes, but Club Class can either be a full suite or a Club Class mini suite, and they don't have the same degree of priority in priority boarding.

I agree - at least to the theory of it.  Many folks seem to just lump all the priority boarders together as one group.  This may be because they have received priority check-in service from dedicated agents.  It may be because they were seated/located in the same waiting area as others.

However, if Princess reps handing the check-in (mostly non-employees) are doing things "properly", they will hand out higher priority group cards to Elite members and Suite guests and lower priority group cards to Platinum members and Club Class guests (who are not in a Suite nor Elite).  They do call groups in order, 1-by-1, so the waiting guests do file on "together", but in an orderly fashion.

Does every cruise at every port work this way, or all the same?  Not on your life, but the idea is that it should work that way.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I agree - at least to the theory of it.  Many folks seem to just lump all the priority boarders together as one group.  This may be because they have received priority check-in service from dedicated agents.  It may be because they were seated/located in the same waiting area as others.

However, if Princess reps handing the check-in (mostly non-employees) are doing things "properly", they will hand out higher priority group cards to Elite members and Suite guests and lower priority group cards to Platinum members and Club Class guests (who are not in a Suite nor Elite).  They do call groups in order, 1-by-1, so the waiting guests do file on "together", but in an orderly fashion.

Does every cruise at every port work this way, or all the same?  Not on your life, but the idea is that it should work that way.

Exactly... It is a theory.