Suggestions for reaching a person at MSC who can help?

mizLORInj

HI all.  So I booked my first MSC cruise (though not first ever cruise) and got my level-match and reservation #s.    Then I went on to set up an account.   Only realized I misspelled my last name once I logged into the account I created.  Cannot change the name (off by one letter).  So I cannot link reservation or Voyagers # to the account since the names are not the same.

Called # on website, then # website person told me to call (held 2 hours and never got a human).  Concierge called after that welcoming me to MSC, and he could not help with the name fix but sent me back to the # on the website.  He also told me I don't really need an account because I can do check-in through the ressie #. 

Well wouldn't it be a good idea to have an account anyway?  I do on all the other lines; I can check points balance, loyalty tier, etc.    I emailed MSC as well ( a week+ ago).  At this point I give up!   

Suggestions?

Same. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We were seriously interested in giving them a try due to their attractive price points. But when we couldn't get solid customer service from phone or email, we decided to pay a higher price for a product we had experience with. Maybe one day they'll get their act together. Our email never did get addressed. Phone support kept saying use email. It was a terrible circular effort in fitility. Ships look beautiful, though.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2023 at 4:44 PM, Gatordad1967 said:

I'd fill your TA in and let them handle it.

TA says she can't fix account issues; just reservation issues.

Very frustrating that no one at MSC helps.  Call and they direct you to emails that don't get answered. 

Not even sailed with them yet and already annoyed.  

5 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

TA says she can't fix account issues; just reservation issues.

Very frustrating that no one at MSC helps.  Call and they direct you to emails that don't get answered. 

Not even sailed with them yet and already annoyed.  

Welcome to MSC.

Hope you are in the Yacht club.