Early flight with late departure using transfers

johnrich

We used NCL air promo and although the inbound flight would be great if we departed at a normal time (4 or 5 PM), our cruise doesn’t leave from NYC (MCT) until 11 PM. We currently have the NCL transfers. If our flight arrives at 8:30 AM will they even have the buses there that early? Customer service is telling people that boarding will begin at noon, however I know several months ago the Bliss had an 11 PM departure from NYC and several days before sailing everyone received emails saying checkin wouldn’t begin until 4:00 PM.  Another factor is that the Prima is also departing from NYC (MCT) but at 4:00 so I think it will be a mad house if they allow us to check-in anytime before around 2:00. 
We also need to find something to do for the day as well as a place to store our luggage. We plan to do a tour of NYC (specifically Ground Zero and Time Square) on disembarkation day since we have an evening flight but not sure about our arrival day. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. TIA. 

8 hours ago, johnrich said:

We used NCL air promo and although the inbound flight would be great if we departed at a normal time (4 or 5 PM), our cruise doesn’t leave from NYC (MCT) until 11 PM. We currently have the NCL transfers. If our flight arrives at 8:30 AM will they even have the buses there that early? Customer service is telling people that boarding will begin at noon, however I know several months ago the Bliss had an 11 PM departure from NYC and several days before sailing everyone received emails saying checkin wouldn’t begin until 4:00 PM.  Another factor is that the Prima is also departing from NYC (MCT) but at 4:00 so I think it will be a mad house if they allow us to check-in anytime before around 2:00. 
We also need to find something to do for the day as well as a place to store our luggage. We plan to do a tour of NYC (specifically Ground Zero and Time Square) on disembarkation day since we have an evening flight but not sure about our arrival day. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. TIA. 

Unless advised otherwise, assume priority boarding will start at 11:00 and general boarding at 11:30. 

If you arrive at 8:30, by the time you get your bags and go to the transfer point, it will be 9:30 and leave on a 10:00 bus. That’s good timing to board in an early group and get the party started with a lunch. 

Any notifications sent “several days before departure” is a problem with the ship more than something planned. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johnrich said:

What do you mean by MCT? If you mean time zone (which would be MST) NYC is on ET