Will you be cruising in 20 years?

Honolulu Blue

Do you anticipate cruising 20 years from now?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you anticipate cruising 20 years from now?

• Yes, as long as I have average luck
    • No, I'll probably be in poor health or dead by then
    • No, I don't think I'll enjoy cruising enough by then (please explain below)
    • No, I think I'll prefer other travel options
    • I haven't cruised yet - ask me again in 20 years :)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/2023 at 07:30 PM

Of course!  I'm 56, so twenty years only makes me 76 ... maybe I won't be snorkeling or taking part in other strenuous activities, but I fully expect to be able to cruise.  I come from a long-lived family with great genes, and I take care of myself.  

My mom's turning 80 this year, and she walks every day and manages a large garden.  She might need a little more rest than she used to, but she could wheel her own luggage on /off without any difficulty.  

• Thanks 1

Probably not, besides age we likely will have gone everywhere that we desire by cruise ship.  We had a big schedule last year and next year looks to be another multi cruise year.  At this pace we will be ready to fill the gaps with some intensive land based travel within 4 years. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Probably not, besides age we likely will have gone everywhere that we desire by cruise ship.  We had a big schedule last year and next year looks to be another multi cruise year.  At this pace we will be ready to fill the gaps with some intensive land based travel within 4 years. 

See, I think the opposite:  I figure within 20 years, especially now that I'm retired, I'll have visited all the land-based spots I want to see ... and a cruise is just easy, especially if I opt for a B2B, so it would work well for an elderly vacationer.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

See, I think the opposite:  I figure within 20 years, especially now that I'm retired, I'll have visited all the land-based spots I want to see ... and a cruise is just easy, especially if I opt for a B2B, so it would work well for an elderly vacationer.  

I am planning on the 30 day stay for the future.  I also have to consider my DH’s choices - he prefers 30 days maximum away with as few flights as possible. 

Probably less. Not an age thing for me it is just the types of cruises I am attracted to seem to be disappearing and I don't see the market coming back for them. Maybe if my industry had a big salary increase I would be able to afford the huge price increase of cruises itineraries I am interested in then I could possibly cruise more often😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr. SRQ and I will be in our mid-70s so assuming we're still in good health then yes, we'll still be cruising. My parents will both turn 80 this year and are leaving on a cruise with their best friends tomorrow. They're my role models. 

• Thanks 1