Riverside Mozart: Pursuing a younger cruiser

Host Jazzbeau

Aside from the poorly written article the writer does beg the question if a younger clientele is actually be pursued or if it could possibly be just happening organically.  If it’s a strategy it seems to be good one to expand the customer base.  There are so many river and cruise ships in general that this could be a good differentiator.

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The younger clientele strategy didn't work too well for U by Uniworld.

I can't tell from this quote if they are going after a younger than normal demographic or the young demographic that U went after. I got the impression that U wanted those in their 20's originally. Then it changed 100x over. My first impression was that they wanted those under 40 or 50 which is young compared to most river cruise lines. Though with short itineraries, they are probably not going to get a lot of people from North America.

Though - it is impossible to tell from an inaugural with hand picked guests.

Quote from article:

Whatever it was that I felt, I knew early on in joining this ship that Riverside was onto something, and that the line had more than one trick up its sleeve to attract a younger-than-average luxury river cruise demographic to its style of cruising, a market the company is striving to attract.  

As they are a German (ie European) company I’m sure they’re aiming at the so called wealthier mid aged upper yuppies and hoping to pick up a few across the ponders as they go. Although I do hope that the writer of the article reads this thread and is suitably chagrined at our thoughts.

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

As they are a German (ie European) company I’m sure they’re aiming at the so called wealthier mid aged upper yuppies and hoping to pick up a few across the ponders as they go. Although I do hope that the writer of the article reads this thread and is suitably chagrined at our thoughts.

I was thinking that demographic also (wealthier younger-middle age yuppies, professionals). Not the group that hopes to get a tattoo onboard (not saying anything bad about tattoos).

I had read that English was going to be the main language onboard (even though a German company) and they have hired a North American sales person (who I follow) and she is definitely marketing to travel agents over here. I think they had originally planned to get a good share of North Americans.

They have the entire Crystal fleet. It is a beautiful fleet. It will be interesting how this all plays out. 

Edited by Coral