More stellar X customer service- drink package purchase issue

the_dylaness

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I would wonder if the TA knew for some time that money was owed on the fare.

If it was owed on a short excursion, it seems like Celebrity would’ve just cancelled the excursion not the entire reservation.

I think the TA might have made a mistake and was trying to blame Celebrity.

Exactly right. The TA can see what is owed, refunded, noted, and changed on any booking at any time.

2 minutes ago, resstation said:

Exactly right. The TA can see what is owed, refunded, noted, and changed on any booking at any time.

This is of interest to me--- I don't understand well enough how the X/TA relationship works.

I purchased the drink package online and later cancelled via phone (with X) and rebooked to use OBC; I don't remember why I didn't initially book with OBC, either a website issue perhaps or maybe wanting to get Elite discount?

Anyway, my question is this; how would the TA be in the know or responsible for purchases made in the online cruise planner?  I am genuinely asking for knowledge, not challenging or disputing your statement.

2 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

This is of interest to me--- I don't understand well enough how the X/TA relationship works.

I purchased the drink package online and later cancelled via phone (with X) and rebooked to use OBC; I don't remember why I didn't initially book with OBC, either a website issue perhaps or maybe wanting to get Elite discount?

Anyway, my question is this; how would the TA be in the know or responsible for purchases made in the online cruise planner?  I am genuinely asking for knowledge, not challenging or disputing your statement.

You can challenge or dispute if you like (I understand you're not) but I am a TA with 30 years experience. I can see everything that is done on a booking on the agent site. I can see when Celebrity or a client changes something or when payments go in or out, excursions, whatever it is, it is a line item on the booking. You do have to look for it, but I have always done this - look at exactly what is going on with a booking "behind the scenes". It is easy to miss and if the TA is busy, may not look until 4 days before a client's cruise to make sure all is good. Human error on either Celebrity's or TA's side. I would give them both some grace. It happens. ESPECIALLY since the return of cruising after Covid. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Not the issue at all.

I am upset that I was given very short notice to pay up or have our cruise (4 days out) cancelled.

Ok so I understand this is upsetting.  I made final payment then my cruise was canceled WITHOUT NOTICE.  It took two phone calls for an agent to admit that Celebrity received the payment but placed it in the wrong account.  I have a business degree but I still don’t know what that means or how it happened.

I had something similar. Celebrity cancelled my onboard credit on two cruises ($300 MGM NOIR credit) which they claimed I shouldn't have gotten and also cancelled the Wifi and beverage package. Customer Service wouldn't do anything so I had to contact the Executive Office (LLP's email address that goes to some assistant or CS Executive). They replied within hours and after a call, they fixed everything. Don't believe for a moment that there was an apology or compensation for wasting my time and the aggravation though. Useless!