NOT a good first impression....

leisuretraveler223

So, I pulled the trigger and booked Scarlet Lady for a four night the middle of next month for the wife and myself.  Mega Rockstar "Gorgeous Suite".  This is my first booking with Virgin and once I received my email confirmation, I went to the website to access and start planning.  Only I could no longer access my account, constant error message.

I finally called and talked to IT. They could see the account and the reservation but were at a loss as to why I could not access either.  The representative said he was going to "put in a ticket" to have it addressed, but then determined their "system is being updated" so he will try and put the ticket in sometime tomorrow.  I expressed my frustration at having spent substantial $ on this booking and now being in the dark, unable to make dinner reservations or anything else.  

He then offered to make dinner reservations for me, which I thought was great, until he said the only availability was at one restaurant at 9:45 one night and that I could "just walk in" on the other nights.  I was a bit surprised and I asked, is there no further accommodation made for guests in top tier suites. He then offered to get me in tough with their "Red Glove Department" that should be able to help me.  Alas, they're not open until Monday.

Someone put my mind at ease.  Please tell me that this experience is going to get better. I don't want to be stuck "winging it" for dinner every night, and I'd like to try and see what options are available for other activities (shore excursions, etc) before we leave.

Not the best first impression.....

First, aboUT 35% of reservation slots are held back till after boarding.  Next, THe Red Glove people have access to those and should be able to get you what you want.  They should also be able to arrange your transportation from airport to ship or from home if you live within their range.  This is a service ONLY for mega rockstars.  I'm guessing you did't use a travel agent....they also have some "work arounds" that the sailors don't have access to.   When I couldn't book dinner reservations, my TA was able to do it thru her portal.  

But bottom line, Red Glove should be able to take care of you, both before and after boarding.  Enjoy mega.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

First, aboUT 35% of reservation slots are held back till after boarding.  Next, THe Red Glove people have access to those and should be able to get you what you want.  They should also be able to arrange your transportation from airport to ship or from home if you live within their range.  This is a service ONLY for mega rockstars.  I'm guessing you did't use a travel agent....they also have some "work arounds" that the sailors don't have access to.   When I couldn't book dinner reservations, my TA was able to do it thru her portal.  

But bottom line, Red Glove should be able to take care of you, both before and after boarding.  Enjoy mega.

THANK YOU!!!! This is what I was hoping to hear.  I actually did book through a TA. I’ve been on tons of cruises, just not Virgin and always book through her. I literally did this on a whim, emailed her and she booked it and got back to me within the hour. But, she’s currently in Chile and I figured I’d follow up with her after she flies home tomorrow. 

But if Red Glove is that good, hopefully I’m all set.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:14 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

is there no further accommodation made for guests in top tier suites.

I've seen the interface the host/hostess use in the dining venues. Suite holders are clearly listed as "VIP2" and Mega Rockstars as "VIP1".....not that it matters, as your "Agent" will meet with you and arrange anything you need. You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your cruise!

As someone who has been through some ... insane ... technical issues with VV, I can assure you that your shipboard experience will be better, and if nothing else your butler (that's not the word they use but the term escapes me) will absolutely get you any reservations you need. 

We had Aleksander last month on Scarlet (we were also in a Mega), and if you get him he is fantastic. 

• Like 2