Mid cruise laundry deals?

Fire LT

I remember on an 8 day a medium sized paper bag with 'everything you can stuff' for $15. Trust me, it wasn't much, but it was nice to come back to a nice folded stack. You could always DIY it on sea days for $3.50 wash/dry. 

The Carnival site has laundry listed as 5 standard bags for $50, but varies by ship. Is this price typically accurate? How big are the standard bags - like something you would find at a hotel? Headed out on a 16 day next month and I'm going to have no choice but to do some laundry. Thanks.

The bags are relatively small, guessing around 18" by 18". The key is to roll your clothes tightly. We typically have an overflow where the last row of clothes is sticking out of the bag but they've always taken them. We've had to ask for the bag from the steward on the last couple of cruises as I recall.

Most Carnival ships have self service laundry, if that's your thing. The machines run on your sign and sail card, naturally.  I've done laundry on the Panorama and the Radiance (yes, it was a three night cruise, argh, hope too never have to do that again!). On the other hand, most Norwegian ships do not 🤷 Those are the only two lines I've cruised with, but you're here for Carnival anyway.

The one time I've used ship board laundry services, it was with NCL, and it was a paper bag and I "lined" it with a plastic grocery bag, the thick reusable ones we have in California, before stuffing it with our tightly rolled laundry.  

I gave them all the jeans & Dockers & a few tees for my family of three.  I washed the quick dry pants and the undies in the bathroom sink and hung them on the line in the bathroom that's made for that purpose. 

Have fun!

Edited by deelightfull
Grammer!

Laundry Specials: offer and/or prices may vary throughout the fleet

• Wash and Fold - guests can fill up a laundry bag for same day service (no pressing)
    • 1 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $15.00 USD
    • 5 standard laundry bag (same day service)  $50.00 USD

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/~/laundry-service

When Carnival paused putting all the Diamonds International et al garbage in the staterooms, any info on laundry specials also paused. But it should be available, sometimes, somewhere, anyhow.

I have not seen these specials as of late.  But I am platinum and receive the free bags.  But the bags are smaller that hotel bags.  But if you are creative and fold and roll you will be surprise how much you can get in the Carnival laundry bags.