No Booking Solo??

I cruise solo, Easter, Xmas, gty,  etc and have never encountered a problem either onboard or shoreside. This sounds like someone not familiar with how to circumvent the system. It's doable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melbur said:

I cruise solo, Easter, Xmas, gty,  etc and have never encountered a problem either onboard or shoreside. This sounds like someone not familiar with how to circumvent the system. It's doable.

You are right and I am on a few cruises this year on various cruise lines. I am sailing over Thanksgiving and 4th of July as well as Memorial Day too.

I suggest they try doing a test booking on web. Something doesn’t sound right

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 2:36 PM, rockmom said:

The way I read that is that you can't use the discounted single supplement during blackout dates.  But if someone is essentially paying for 2 people, why wouldn't they be able to do that?  

I feel that all that was missing on the thread was a little clarity.  Is it a matter of booking as a solo pax or booking as a solo pax seeking the DP340 supplement discount?  DP340 discount does have some blackout dates.  

Edited by ILCTCRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

@Ourusualbeach If I book as a solo in a gty (when they show up as an option which is rare) is there a change I will get allocated a studio ?

Also do they still give double points if you book for 2 and your roomie is a no-show?

Thanks x

Yes, I have a client that booked a gty as a solo and was assigned a studi0 and you only get single points.  If there is a no show it is single posints.

Assume that idf the ship has studio cabins and you see a gty available for a solo that you will be assigned the studio cabin

• Thanks 1