Fun Pass

Grumpella

Pre Covid - I got the fun pass for my husband husband- it was a flat fee and allowed my husband to play any of the video games, formula racer and the 4d theater It was tied to his card/wristband but they did allow me to also do the 4d theater a couple of times.  He seemed to enjoy the video games, bikes and formula 1

I do not know if there is a monetary limit tied to the pass or if it just allows unlimited play - because he just used it the whole week without issues.

Hope this helps

51 minutes ago, KittyCruz said:

Pre Covid - I got the fun pass for my husband husband- it was a flat fee and allowed my husband to play any of the video games, formula racer and the 4d theater It was tied to his card/wristband but they did allow me to also do the 4d theater a couple of times.  He seemed to enjoy the video games, bikes and formula 1

I do not know if there is a monetary limit tied to the pass or if it just allows unlimited play - because he just used it the whole week without issues.

Hope this helps

I've not cruised with MSC before, but I believe you have a fun pass and it works the way down on how much each activity costs, I am unsure if there's a way to check your balance. But I believe you get double what you put down, before you cruise, and you pay extra on board.

I can give you some info on it - although our Seashore cruise was last March, doubt it has changed much. What I don't recall are the specifics as to the different cost tiers to total fun pass $ received. I think the pre-cruise purchase is the best value as far as % of extra.  But you also can purchase 3 different $ amounts onboard as well... with the best extra $ percentage for the higher price. Think the top was $100 that got you $150 total?  Anyway, it just goes on your cruise card and can be used for the arcade games, as well as the virtual rides.  And yes, you can pay for others' from the one cruise card, which would be the way to go for couples/families to try the virtuals / 4D.  Now, a warning if you have kids that you're getting a pass for.  Kids can very quickly swipe away their pass money on the games... and if they are not going to the attendant desk to regularly check their balance and run out of fun pass money... well then every swipe is a regular charge. IMO - and from experience with not-terribly-responsible-tweens - it is an absolute MUST to set a reasonable/low spending limit on kids' cruise cards to prevent this.  It is very easy to use a self-serve kiosk to raise the limit if needed.

6 hours ago, Tierun said:

Pre cruise it’s $80 for $140 in game play. A good deal especially for a family.

Thanks for this! I was looking at the $80 pass for our 4/9 sailing on the Meraviglia. To clarify, we only need to associate this with one of us and we can both use it? We would likely want to use it primarily for bowling and the simulators.

41 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Thanks for this! I was looking at the $80 pass for our 4/9 sailing on the Meraviglia. To clarify, we only need to associate this with one of us and we can both use it? We would likely want to use it primarily for bowling and the simulators.

You are correct one is all you need. Pro tip: reserve your bowling time asap. There was no time available when we tried to play 

23 hours ago, Grumpella said:

anyone have any experience with the Fun Pass?  it is $ 80 and includes Formula Racer, Flight Simulator, ect.

Thank you in advance.

If this is for your daughter on her honeymoon cruise, I really don't think they'll have much time outside of their room to enjoy the Fun Pass!  Between the Sauna and all the YC offers, they'll be busy!🤭

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes the hole cabin can use the fun pass. normally I have one oder two fun passes for a cruise and the hole family share the credit. My teens love the fun pass for the F1 Simulator, the arcade games and on the world europa for the scooters. On our April Meraviglia cruise the will use the F1 Simulator a lot or the arcade games on the sea days. For this 11 day cruise we have to fun passes.

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

If this is for your daughter on her honeymoon cruise, I really don't think they'll have much time outside of their room to enjoy the Fun Pass!  Between the Sauna and all the YC offers, they'll be busy!🤭

Not to mention it is their honeymoon. If my new spouse wanted to spend 30 seconds in an arcade on our honeymoon I'm not sure we would make it until the end of the cruise. Just me.

• Like 1

I noticed on the Fun Pass email from MSC that the ships have different activities that are included.  What Fun Pass activities on the World Europa are associated with the fun pass?  Do you have to pay for the Venom?

• 1 month later...

F1 was 13 Dollar per game, but it's really hard to drive the F1 Car on the Meraviglia. On the World Europa it was much easier, it was another type of simulator-Car.

Then 30 Dollar per 30 Min Bowling oder 50 per one hour Bowling.

On the Meraviglia, the Flight Simulator, the second F1 Car were broken.

5 hours ago, hengjihengji said:

I have another question about fun pass. I remember people said fun pass will be registered under the adult's name. Can you use it for a second child in another cabin? 

Yes, you have to use the Card. You can register a Child for the Fun Pass, thats not a Problem!