Cost of Wi-Fi for Elite per day

alanasgpa

that is the preorder price. It may be $10 a day if you wait to board to order it.

In the Good Ole Days, a certain amount was free. Then we got a discount.  SO far I have always had a package (either purchased or as part of the fare 'deal' when I booked). This is the first time Im not using a package, so I dont remember where I got the $10 a day number, unless I am mixing the single and the multi device plans, but I remember $10 a day from somewhere!  Still, my current, prepaid booking of internet is $7.50 per day for one device (prepaid).

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

I’m elite And can’t find the cost of the Wi-Fi package anybody help thank you

Most of the above responses are wrong.

MedallionNet is $15/day for one device active at a time.  Or, $40/day for up to 4 devices active at a time.

You get 50% off these prices.

The price is the same pre-cruise or Day 1 on the ship.  So, you can order it whenever it suits - such as if you have OBC to burn up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sirclean said:

Actually, it may be $7.50 for one device.

I am being billed $120 for one device on a 16 day trip. 

We also paid an average of $7.5/day for the one device package.    For whatever it is worth, Elite and Platinum have the same wifi discount.  Might be good to note that with the discount, buying the 4 device package is the same cost as two of the single device packages.  So if there is say a 3rd device that you wouldn't normally add, then get the 4 device option.   

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

We also paid an average of $7.5/day for the one device package.    For whatever it is worth, Elite and Platinum have the same wifi discount.  Might be good to note that with the discount, buying the 4 device package is the same cost as two of the single device packages.  So if there is say a 3rd device that you wouldn't normally add, then get the 4 device option.   

Not anymore it isn't.  One device is $15 and four devices is $40.  Once a guest needs three devices or sharing access among at least three guests, then it makes sense to go for the 4-device package.  Otherwise, the typical couple just needs the single device package each for $30.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not anymore it isn't.  One device is $15 and four devices is $40.  Once a guest needs three devices or sharing access among at least three guests, then it makes sense to go for the 4-device package.  Otherwise, the typical couple just needs the single device package each for $30.

So, my husband and I are Elite.  We each have our own phone.  So, if we sign up it would be $7.50 a day for me and $7.50 for him -- correct?  We would be signing up once on board the ship so we could use some of our OBC for payment.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It was as recent as last week.  Enchanted Princess R/T Barcelona.  Platinum discount.  Six day cruise.  The cost of separate single device plans for me and Mrs Ldubs was identical to the price of Mrs Ldubs purchasing a 4 device plan.   In this case a single device wifi package was $45.   A four device wifi plan was $90.   

After reading this thread I’m totally confused.  The comment on pricing is all over the place.   When I read:   “not any more it isn’t” – “most of the responses are wrong” – “in the good old days” – “is that per day”.  

I’m Elite sailing to Alaska this summer.  What is the current Elite Price (discounted) for one (1) device as of April 2023?  

Is the discount price better pre cruise?  Or is it the discount prices the same on board?

John

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John99 said:

What is the current Elite Price (discounted) for one (1) device as of April 2023?  

$7.50 per day

5 minutes ago, John99 said:

Is the discount price better pre cruise?  Or is it the discount prices the same on board?

Pre cruise same price as on board. 

Same price as on board.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

It was as recent as last week.  Enchanted Princess R/T Barcelona.  Platinum discount.  Six day cruise.  The cost of separate single device plans for me and Mrs Ldubs was identical to the price of Mrs Ldubs purchasing a 4 device plan.   In this case a single device wifi package was $45.   A four device wifi plan was $90.   

It would be nice to have this confirmed from other ships as well. The quoted pricing when increased was $15 and $40 - not $15 and $30.  $30 would obviously be much better than $40.

There are TWO ways to confirm this.  Either a guest like yourself on STANDARD fare ordering MedallionNet, or a guest on PLUS looking to upgrade from the included single device plan to the 4-device plan.  They will both confirm the pricing. 

Actually, a third way is someone on STANDARD fare who looks in the Princess App for purchasing MedallionNet pre-cruise will see the pricing offered.  

17 minutes ago, John99 said:

After reading this thread I’m totally confused.  The comment on pricing is all over the place.   When I read:   “not any more it isn’t” – “most of the responses are wrong” – “in the good old days” – “is that per day”.  

I’m Elite sailing to Alaska this summer.  What is the current Elite Price (discounted) for one (1) device as of April 2023?  

John

OK, as of last week the discounted wifi price for Elite and Platinum is averaging $7.50 per day for a single device plan.  You buy a plan for the entire cruise.  So in my case the package price for last week's 6 day cruise is $45.   For our 10 day cruise happening next month the single device price is $75. 

There is not pre-purchase savings that I can see.  You should be able to see & confirm this in your Princess app under medallion net.   

Edited by ldubs

8 minutes ago, John99 said:

After reading this thread I’m totally confused. 

It would help if Princess just published their complete pricing for MedallionNet on Princess.com, instead of a marketing statement like "starting from $15/day".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It would be nice to have this confirmed from other ships as well. The quoted pricing when increased was $15 and $40 - not $15 and $30.  $30 would obviously be much better than $40.

There are TWO ways to confirm this.  Either a guest like yourself on STANDARD fare ordering MedallionNet, or a guest on PLUS looking to upgrade from the included single device plan to the 4-device plan.  They will both confirm the pricing. 

Actually, a third way is someone on STANDARD fare who looks in the Princess App for purchasing MedallionNet pre-cruise will see the pricing offered.  

I just looked at our 10 day cruise next month.  Sadly the 4 device plan is exactly what you say, meaning more than double two single device plans.   For that cruise single device is $75 and 4 device is $200.  

Soooo, my earlier comment, while reflecting what happened on our recent cruise, is not correct.   

Edited by ldubs
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

Might be good to note that with the discount, buying the 4 device package is the same cost as two of the single device packages.  So if there is say a 3rd device that you wouldn't normally add, then get the 4 device option.   

Folks, I checked our upcoming cruise and this is incorrect.  I can't edit, so will post a "retraction".  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It would help if Princess just published their complete pricing for MedallionNet on Princess.com, instead of a marketing statement like "starting from $15/day".

Oops, sorry.  I see you are way ahead of me on this.   

Edited by ldubs

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Another thing just occurred to me.  On last week's cruise, the cost I gave for the 4 device plan was for Mrs Ldubs to "upgrade" from her existing single device plan.   I now wonder if there might be a savings over the package price if an "upgrade" is done.   I kind of doubt it but am scratching my head why our 4 device plan was such a deal last week.   

Here is how it went (hopefully without invoking too many yawns).  Mrs Ldubs buys the 1-device package prior to the cruise for $45.   I buy the 1-device package for $45.  After boarding Mrs Ldubs says, "Hey, I can upgrade to a 4-device plan for $45".   Off to the Internet cafe we go where I ask the guy if we can undo my package and spend the same amount on the upgrade.   He cancels my plan and upgrades Mrs Ldubs to the 4 device plan for the $45.  Now Mrs Ldubs can add her iPad and there is much happiness!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Another thing just occurred to me.  On last week's cruise, the cost I gave for the 4 device plan was for Mrs Ldubs to "upgrade" from her existing single device plan.   I now wonder if there might be a savings over the package price if an "upgrade" is done.   I kind of doubt it but am scratching my head why our 4 device plan was such a deal last week.   

Here is how it went (hopefully without invoking too many yawns).  Mrs Ldubs buys the 1-device package prior to the cruise for $45.   I buy the 1-device package for $45.  After boarding Mrs Ldubs says, "Hey, I can upgrade to a 4-device plan for $45".   Off to the Internet cafe we go where I ask the guy if we can undo my package and spend the same amount on the upgrade.   He cancels my plan and upgrades Mrs Ldubs to the 4 device plan for the $45.  Now Mrs Ldubs can add her iPad and there is much happiness!  

I think I may have read this before.  I suspect either Princess is having an unannounced deal to upgrade from 1 device to 4 devices - as opposed to the cost of 4-devices outright, OR, they have a pricing bug when upgrading versus ordering outright.  Logic says the cost of 4-devices should be the same either way, but perhaps no logic to it.  

A "no lose" way to try it is to just order one single-device plan per couple and then do the upgrade it it works.  Otherwise, just fall back to ordering another single-device plan. Cost is same in advance and on board.

• Like 1