Muse Cruise Japan questions...... Anyone on board now or about to sail?

les37b

15 hours ago, silkismom said:

We sail next week and still do not have a stateroom assignment, we have been GTY since booking waaay back in Mar 2020. Is that usual??

We are currently on Muse and our guarantee cabin was issued day before we flew out from UK ...no complaint on that score at all ......if you have NHS antigen tests still simply do them at the hotel night before embarkation and slip them back in the plastic sleeve and take them with you to show staff at check in .....HOWEVER  be prepared for a 2 to 3 hour very tedious queue to get through Immigration at Osaka ...automatic machines or gates do not exist and Japanese efficiency is zero ...you will face a similar carry on after  Busan when re entering Japan .....food and service on MUSE is excellent 

2 hours ago, les37b said:

have printed out just the QRs onto double credit card sized docs (back to back), which I’m hoping should be fine.Hopefully I’ve done the helpful thing here… or will they insist on the harder way and show the same QR connected via the website on my phone

les37b, I can't answer this. Theoretically, you need to prove that this is your QR Code and this is why it is connected to the App on your mobile phone and anyone could show someone elses

However tonight bombshell dropped of Silverseas arrangements for those who have a midnight flight back to UK on Emirates which Silverseas selected 

We are to leave the ship at 8.30/ 8.45 am    and have a 3.5 hr tour of Osaka Castle and then be dumped at Osaka Airport at midday ...even in Business you cannot check in until 3 or if lucky 4 hrs before departure !!!!   Or you can be dumped at Hyatt at 9.45 am and make your own way to Osaka Airport later ......wake up Silver seas ...you booked the flights not us 

On 4/3/2023 at 4:28 AM, les37b said:

just did a screen grab of my actual input which was accepted.

image.thumb.png.fce878da6d80d8f7e388e80b28360d1b.png

As mentioned earlier, this was the only part in the process I struggled with.

this is very helpful, except we are staying in Tokyo.

I suppose I could use the same info anyway and see if it floats.

plus it says I need to scan a ticket.?

11 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

this is very helpful, except we are staying in Tokyo.

I suppose I could use the same info anyway and see if it floats.

plus it says I need to scan a ticket.?

What is your Tokyo hotel you are staying pre cruise? I’ll see if I can get the postcode for it. The rest is mostly auto-fill, so with that, you should be sorted easily.

45 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

However tonight bombshell dropped of Silverseas arrangements for those who have a midnight flight back to UK on Emirates which Silverseas selected 

We are to leave the ship at 8.30/ 8.45 am    and have a 3.5 hr tour of Osaka Castle and then be dumped at Osaka Airport at midday ...even in Business you cannot check in until 3 or if lucky 4 hrs before departure !!!!   Or you can be dumped at Hyatt at 9.45 am and make your own way to Osaka Airport later ......wake up Silver seas ...you booked the flights not us 

I had a similar issue, but not as extreme on our cruise ending last week.

The SS consultant was adamant there was no room we could use or excursion for our 1800 flight other than a direct transfer at 08.30 for the 30 minute Barbados transfer.

We did get a memo on the ship asking if we wanted a mini excursion, which we said yes, but still being dropped at midday.

I agreed to this as it was the best option. A day or so later, I was at GS and overheard a lady arguing her case and heard them offer a 9am departure, tour with lunch and arrival at airport at 14.00.

I then asked why I wasn’t offered that and the outcome was that it should / could have been, but was obviously a more expensive “included” option. They agreed to let us take it.

It worked fine…. Until wonderful BA delayed my flight home to LHR by 3 hours! How lucky we had that transfer after finding out about it.

12 minutes ago, les37b said:

What is your Tokyo hotel you are staying pre cruise? I’ll see if I can get the postcode for it. The rest is mostly auto-fill, so with that, you should be sorted easily.

it just says SS hotel. but lists the usual; jw marriot, fairmont or conrad group.

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

it just says SS hotel. but lists the usual; jw marriot, fairmont or conrad group.

OK, well you can add details for the hotel you hope to go. I doubt the info would be checked, but I’d suggest waiting until you have the real details to be safe.

What date do you arrive? 

31 minutes ago, les37b said:

OK, well you can add details for the hotel you hope to go. I doubt the info would be checked, but I’d suggest waiting until you have the real details to be safe.

What date do you arrive? 

arr may 4 Toyko for the whisper

Edited by zqtchas

13 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

arr may 4 Toyko for the whisper

Oooh, I think you should have been told by now. I think I knew we were in the Imperial Osaka at least a month ago. The Barbados Hotel last month, we knew 3 months in advance.

I'd chase SS / TA and state you must have the hotel details so you can complete the immigration procedure. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

finally got my address info.

do you think a self administered antigen in the hotel and photographed 

on your cell phone count as time stamped?

The daft thing with this, the test could have been done a month ago and by someone else. The only "proof" is your phone timestamp (assuming you have a connected SIM used in Japan that controls the location time.

From what I've seen, do the test and photo and take it to the ship with you as "further proof" you just did the test and happy to show if requested.

Ive got proctored ones that get issued with a certificate. My concern here is the time stamp is 10 hours behind Japan and that's what they show on it. I wanted to do on arrival to get it over with but not sure that's wise. That said Photo holding said test with date and time - confirmed by the phone stamp.

Messy isn't it!

And the bigger bugbear. Allegedly from May 8, Japan are downgrading covid to flu status. (UK already has and suspect many countries have already too.)

These tests I'm certain is a SS fear factor. Its not a Japanese requirement and the fear is over 10% outbreak and the ship is quarantined and cruise cancelled. That'd cost SS a lot of money! (And why I think they are doing this.)

• Thanks 1