Currently on Board Solstice

swjumbo

Am currently on the Solstice and I'd say just from memory of a quick perusal.... maybe 75 books? But it is bordering the open air atrium and can frequently hear the atrium bands/dj as well as the card game room right below. So I dunno how relaxing that is for reading.

8 hours ago, balisong187 said:

Am currently on the Solstice and I'd say just from memory of a quick perusal.... maybe 75 books? But it is bordering the open air atrium and can frequently hear the atrium bands/dj as well as the card game room right below. So I dunno how relaxing that is for reading.

Yikes, I remember when the library also had writing desks and a 'librarian' (staff member (from entertainment or ?  taking on another role ) who  would sign your book out. Probably Celebrity Century class ships... sigh. 

2 hours ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Yikes, I remember when the library also had writing desks and a 'librarian' (staff member (from entertainment or ?  taking on another role ) who  would sign your book out. Probably Celebrity Century class ships... sigh. 

You can still take a book to read. I don't think I even saw a list to sign. Just a sign saying to please return books by the end of the cruise. Just the honor system I guess. But yeah this is the 1st ship I've seen that doesn't have a library with a closing door. 

5 hours ago, Blue Lagoon said:

also had great maps in large books!

This is our first cruise ever.  We were able to reserve a veranda cabin but not a cabin on the concierge floor.  The rest of our group is on the concierge floor, and I am wondering if we will have a later time to disembark in ports?  If so, what would the time difference be?  I can't find any information on this on any sites, so I am hoping you are able to assist.  Many thanks!

1 hour ago, wanttocruise01 said:

This is our first cruise ever.  We were able to reserve a veranda cabin but not a cabin on the concierge floor.  The rest of our group is on the concierge floor, and I am wondering if we will have a later time to disembark in ports?  If so, what would the time difference be?  I can't find any information on this on any sites, so I am hoping you are able to assist.  Many thanks!

Just get on the line with your friends and you will all get off at the same time. Everyone's Seapass cards will be scanned to identify that your getting off the ship and will be scanned again when you return to verify you are back on.  

Just off Solstice.  Spa Cafe if open to all but the second time we tried to eat there, 4 of the tables were taken by people playing cards so left only 2 tables which were taken by diners.

We left and went to the Oceanview Buffet.  Disappointed.  The Club Sandwich in Spa Cafe was delicious.  We did not enjoy the breakfast and did not return for that.

Also, if it is offered, go to see the Sherlock Holmes Musical Murder Mystery.  It was written by the cruise director, Kelly, and was SO funny!  Very witty and a lot of fun.  Don't be put off by the "musical", if you are not into that.  It was in held in Celebrity Central.

• Like 1