Live 🛳️💦⛱️🏝️ Oasis of the Seas B2B 4/9 - 4/23 2023 🏖️🛳️

3 hours ago, allyfree said:

Don't be afraid of sitting with strangers - you will all be in the same boat - literally ! It's only for a meal, not to be joined at the hip for your entire vacation. And if you feel you don't have anything to talk about - just order extra food and you'll not be able to talk 😁 If you don't enjoy it, don't go back ... no harm done. Then again, you may meet some really nice people that'll you'll enjoy chatting to. Whatever you do, have a great trip x

Good advice! And I can EASILY order lots of food so I don’t have to talk.  LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, depplep said:

My two cents. What is the lesser of two evils for you?

I think being embarrassed that I am alone is greater….so the lesser is being afraid of being with people I don’t click with. 

Edited by Andrea57spins
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

I've cruised solo several times.  On Oasis, I was seated at a two top, but they are so close together you can have a conversation with the tables next to you.  I've also been seated at tables with couples or other solos.  Just go to the MDR when you board, and ask bout where you are seated for dinner and table size and table mates. If it's not to your liking, ask to change.

So much amazing advice.  I think I am more confused now than before.  LOL.

I think I have a lot of soul searching to do before making a decision. I thank everyone for their words of wisdom. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, suegeorge said:

Keep posting !    It is keeping me from doing more practical things like packing, but I am getting so excited.   Just 5 more days til we leave.

We sail on Odyssey this coming Sunday so I should be working on my own packing and pre cruise to do lists, but I’m having more fun here right now. I did make good progress with the pre cruise to do lists and even a little packing earlier today so I think I can cnjoy a little fun time.

So, I have a question for the Playmakers burgers fans. Just what is it that makes those burgers 🍔 so good?  Could be our boarding day lunch 🍔🍔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

So, I have a question for the Playmakers burgers fans. Just what is it that makes those burgers 🍔 so good?

It's a burger, not a $50 steak, so I don't want to oversell it.

The standard one comes with 2 patties (not huge but that's why there are 2), cheese, bacon, sauce, an onion ring, and normal fixins. I enjoy all those toppings. That said, my wife gets her burgers completely plain other than adding ketchup (she's a weirdo). We both thought they were well-cooked with a good flavor, which is basically the baseline for a burger to either be good or bad in my book. The rest is personal preference.

They also come with a nice size portion of garlic parm fires that we both loved. The onion rings (which you can order as an appetizer) were also very good. I make my wife keep hers that comes on the burger so she can give it to me, lol.

Lastly, it's only $9, which I think is a very good value. Around here, our favorite burger chain would charge more like $14 and I prefer Playmakers. If there was one down the street we would eat there frequently.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Check out the campfire cookie as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Roatan, 

So last night exhaustion won out. It was time to catch up on some sleep. I was in bed snoring by around 6:30. I was up a few times but for the most part stayed in bed until 4.

it is difficult to get anything in the morning and this is always true on cruises. I’m an early riser so waiting until 7 am to get anything but coffee or water is a downer. It would be nice if they opened the juice bar at 6 am when they open the spa.

I have an early excursion so it was my first trip to the windjammer. I had an omelette and fruit. They hand out pagers at the omelette bar which was nice.

it will be snorkeling and beach today. I’m a little hesitant since my left ear seems to have some weight in it this morning. Those with ear problems which I’ve had all my life know this can become unpleasant quickly. We will see what happens. 

the sun is coming up.

CEAF51C2-FA10-452B-880C-BCF67DB029C9.jpeg

12FF604E-0701-40CD-8DD4-3C1CC2C47E67.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Denversail said:

it is difficult to get anything in the morning and this is always true on cruises. I’m an early riser so waiting until 7 am to get anything but coffee or water is a downer.

I hear ya. We are very early risers as well. We're Diamond and I used to go get my morning cappuccinos from the DL before 7am but on recent cruises, I've found the machine isn't necessarily prepped until 7. I do like that Park Cafe is usually open at 6:30 to get my "pre-breakfast." In lieu of that, I just grab pastries from Cafe Promenade if it's not 7am yet. On certain days the WJ may or may not be open at 6:30am. Omelet station is always a good choice, especially for those who don't like buffets. Cooked to order is cooked to order. That's one reason we actually enjoy dinner there. The cook to order pasta or stir fry station satisfies my picky wife since she picks her ingredients and I'm actually a big fan of buffets so it actually works better for us than the MDR most nights.

Enjoy Roatan and hope the ear feels better!

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, perfect match said:

We sail on Odyssey this coming Sunday so I should be working on my own packing and pre cruise to do lists, but I’m having more fun here right now. I did make good progress with the pre cruise to do lists and even a little packing earlier today so I think I can cnjoy a little fun time.

So, I have a question for the Playmakers burgers fans. Just what is it that makes those burgers 🍔 so good?  Could be our boarding day lunch 🍔🍔

Pretty much the same reason @OCSC Mikementioned. Something about the way its cooked, and all the ingredients mix together perfectly. I like crunchy bacon on a burger and this has a little crunch to it, plus the price is great especially with the basket of fries. I DID miss Portside BBQ last time and I hear its amazing, so when we go back in October I'll be sure to try that at least once...probably more. 

• Like 1

So about that excursion… it was the snorkel & beach at turquoise bay. They say the devil is in the details. Now in my head I would be getting off the ship walking to another boat. We would then take a nice boat ride over to a snorkel spot. I would then be enjoying a nice lunch and drinks on the beach. That was not this excursion. 

We took a 40 minute bus ride to the other side of the island. We were dropped on the beach. We were the first group to arrive (I think 4 or 5 groups came after). I ended up skipping the snorkeling I just decided it wasn’t worth the risk of ear pain.

We had open bar, nachos for a snack, and then buffet lunch. The chips were really good and I thought the chicken at lunch was tasty. They also had fried fish, beans w/rice, and salad. As an alternative they offered hot dogs and hamburgers. 

This place seemed fabulous for families. They had a lot of activities and you could easily add them while there. I saw horseback riding and kayaking being offered. 

They also had a more luxury side that we were roped off from. This had overwater bungalows, swim up bars and what looked like much more comfortable seating. I think that area would have been more in my wheelhouse. 

I did take a lot of pics but won’t be posting those until this weekend when I sync up all my devices.

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 1

Oh my that was all tasty. Definitely will be going back. I don’t hear it talked about so assumed it was expensive but it wasn’t. I got enough appetizers to feed 6 people. It was $21 before I tipped extra for being annoying and wasting all that food.

• Like 2