Cruise Terminal to Seattle Airport

zanderblue

Hi,

looking for any one local in Seattle who may have any input about how soon I should be looking to book a flight out of Seattle. Talking about a Friday morning in late August, we’ll probably walk off with baggage and Uber to airport. We do have TSA pre check.

I do appreciate decision is about how risk averse folks are, but any local input would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Fridays are very busy at Pier 91 with both the Solstice (2,800) and the Ovation OTS (nearly 5K) disembarking.  The Ovation usually begins letting passengers off the ship 6:30-6:45, and the Solstice closer to 7:15 AM.  The Uber pick-up lot is a 10 minute walk from the terminal.  There is a shuttle van that carries about 14 passengers, but honestly, it would probably be faster if you just walked.

As @CruiserBruce said, 11:30 AM would be the earliest time to book a flight.  Not sure if you will be flying on an international flight that morning, or taking a domestic flight first, as that could impact your decision about the appropriate booking time.  SeaTac is super busy during the summer months.  Also, if your return date is August 25th, the NCL Sun will also be disembarking (at Pier 66), so that means even more folks at SeaTac that Friday morning.

• Like 2

I’d be making my travel plans now to get home. The last time I took a flight out of Sea-tac it was a mess. The mode of transportation to Sea-tac would hinge on what time my flight leaves Sea-tac. If I had a early flight around 11:30 or Noon I’d take Uber or a taxi, if I had a later flight I’d probably take Seattle or Scuttle Express or the transfer bus to Sea-tac. It all pretty much depends on what flight time you can get out of Sea-tac. But be prepared for an absolute mess. 3 loads of cruise ships passengers leaving and 3 coming it always a mess.

• Like 1

Word of warning- it was Seattle's spring break last weekend, so a busy time for the airport but not nearly the cruise crowds. People were lined up to the parking garage for security, taking over 75 minutes to get through. It's honestly hit or miss. If you don't have precheck, I wouldn't schedule a flight before 12:30. If you have precheck, 11:30 is the absolute earliest. If you have precheck and CLEAR you could flirt a little earlier but I wouldn't. My ship last year didn't clear customs until after 8am, making for some very stressed passengers. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for their input.

we will be flying domestic. I’ve got the option of a direct flight at 11:30 or 1 stop at 1:30pm. No significant difference in fare.

Based on above, I think I’ll err on the side of caution and go for the 1:30pm and look to use luggage valet service.