current status of Skagway for this season?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Hi, I'm very out of the loop here on CC, but I still have an Alaska Princess cruise booked for early August that goes to Skagway and I'm wondering how things are looking for that port to happen.  It's Majestic Princess departing Aug 5.  I get the idea from reading other posts that it's sort of up in the air if we'd get to go there or not, and tendering might be required.  I'm still trying to decide between that cruise solo and Caribbean Princess 10 day to Canada / New England in mid Sept with a large group.  The Skagway train is high up on my list of must dos but it probably wouldn't be a deal breaker if we didn't make it, b/c it's still my first cruise and lots to experience.  But if I knew with a fair degree of certainty that Skagway would be skipped I'd probably do the other cruise and tentatively plan Alaska for 2024.....

According to a Haines radio station, work started the end of February and has continued through March.  Testing is supposed to be done in early April.  Until the work is done and testing completed no one knows for sure what the docking situation will be.  

• Like 1

Check the Norwegian cruise forum, their first cruises of the season are this month. I know there’s going to be a live review on the April 22nd sailing of Norwegian Bliss which has Skagway on its itinerary.