Land Taxi @ Cabo Port

bgyoshi

Hello.  I have tried searching for info but keep finding info for water taxi's mostly.  We are tendering to Cabo Port on Navigator of the Seas next week.  I have an 8 and 4 year old with me, so don't want to do water taxi to Medano Beach/Sand Bar.  Where will we find land taxi to take us there?  And how much should I expect to be paying?  Peso or USD?  It's been years since we've cruised and first time with 2 kids, so I'm a little rusty.  Thanks everyone!

After you exit your tender and as you walk along the marina (on your right) when you come to a display of surfboards (standing upright) on your left walk just behind them to the street is where you'll find taxi cabs. USD will be fine to use...just know the price before you get in. Sorry no idea how much that will be. Hopefully someone else might and post for you.

We were just on the Navigator in January again...Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

We’re going to the Sand Bar next month during our stop in Cabo. One post from January 2022 indicated they paid $14 going and $12 returning.           And, as Ashland indicated, everyone seems to say US currency is fine.  We actually just changed our massage reservation from 10am to 11am. We dock at 8am and tender. Could find little info on how long the process would take plus the taxi to the Sand Bar.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

We’re going to the Sand Bar next month during our stop in Cabo. One post from January 2022 indicated they paid $14 going and $12 returning.           And, as Ashland indicated, everyone seems to say US currency is fine.  We actually just changed our massage reservation from 10am to 11am. We dock at 8am and tender. Could find little info on how long the process would take plus the taxi to the Sand Bar.

We had priority tendering (first tender) and it still took sometime. Probably best you allowed some extra time to get where you're going.

We go on this itinerary often and tendering time can and does vary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Good idea.  I changed my 1400 reservation to 1500.  Ship arrives at 12:30PM.  That should be good right?

• Like 1

We live in Souther CA. and visit mexico a lot. Dollars are always accepted and desired everywhere. Might want to know what the current exchange rate between paso and doller is when you travel there. Your always going to pay a little higher exchange rate which is fine but just to make sure it not out of the questions. As I type this the current rate is 18 paso to 1 dollar, it changes a lot so check before you get their and give them a break if its less your still getting a good deal. 

On the first week of April we took a land taxi from the marina area to the parking lot of “The Office” (Medano Beach) for USD 15 on the way there and USD 18 on the way back.  There were 6 of us.  I paid with USD and confirmed the price before getting onto the taxi.

• 1 month later...

Just to report back, we found taxi's by where the surfboards were.  One thing was we didn't know what cabo taxis looked like!  We had to google real quick and found "white vans with Taxi printed".  We asked for price befoore getting in.  I believe it was $15USD there and $12 on the way back.  We just asked the staff at the Sand Bar to help us call a cab.  Super easy and we had a great time! Thanks for everyone's tips/help!

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 4:09 AM, Squirreladd said:

Use Uber. The Uber app will convert the fare to Pesos for you and it is drastically cheaper then taxis and paying in USD. 

Question: How would one use the uber app while in port? WIFI can be difficult to find on short notice. Schedule prior to getting off ship? But then how do you schedule while contending with tenders? Also where is the pick up? At the Surf boards? Any help would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, figmentdj said:

Question: How would one use the uber app while in port? WIFI can be difficult to find on short notice. Schedule prior to getting off ship? But then how do you schedule while contending with tenders? Also where is the pick up? At the Surf boards? Any help would be appreciated.

My post #2 hopefully will help you to locate the surfboard area. Hard to miss the display.