Do you ever arrive for a cruise the day before just to meet fellow Cruise Critics?

gkm

Can't say that I've run into anyone I've known as a kid on any message boards, Sky Sweet.

Anita

Maybe one day you will be lucky enough to have that experience, because reconnecting with a childhood friend is one of the best things that can happen on a message board. As one of my favorite singers once said, "Old friends are better than new ones because they can see where you are, and they know where you've been"

I'm flying from S Georgia to LA to have dinner with this bunch and I had to cancel the cruise!! Do I get something for the longest flight to get there and no Hawaii?

Char and I have met for lunch in Gainseville, remember, Char?

But, gee, when I say, 'I'm coming your way' most people stop posting and I can never find them. I wonder why...

Gail, you will get a kiss from me, how awesome will that be? :o

Phil

Years ago we had a very large group of friends that all attended CAL football games together...As we all moved to various parts of the country, we would meet once a year for our "Football Reunion". Now it's only once every 3-4 years.

Karyn (Karynanne)

Football messages boards are another great way to reconnect with college friends that you have lost touch with. Then you can plan to take a cruise together on a ship that has a sports bar.

Hi Phil,

Do I get a kiss from you if I show up????:)

I can't speak for Phil, but if that lovely lady in red plays her cards just right, she could get a kiss from me. :D

And Gail, I'll bribe you with a kiss (not that I'm easy, you understand - I just like kissing the ladies).

I'm flying from S Georgia to LA to have dinner with this bunch and I had to cancel the cruise!! Do I get something for the longest flight to get there and no Hawaii?

But, gee, when I say, 'I'm coming your way' most people stop posting and I can never find them. I wonder why...

So Gail, just stick around and have brunch with us the next morning!

Susan

Does it count if we meet them in a third city? Since there are not a lot of ports in the Mohave, we don't often get a chance to meet cruisers here, although we are planning on meeting up with you all in Long Beach ("you all", that's Southern for "all of you", right Garry?)

Susan

Sorry, Susan but where I'm from the proper phrase is "y'all" not "you all". As in: "Bubba and Junior, y'all get in here and eat your dinner afore I throw it to the dawgs."

Back to the original post, we met up with about a dozen of our roll call members the night prior to the cruise in San Diego. Some for drinks, some for dinner. We so enjoyed meeting everyone and had friends before we ever got on board. The gatherings continued through the week. As we are all residents of different states, I don't know when I'll see any of them again but would love to.

Sorry, Susan but where I'm from the proper phrase is "y'all" not "you all". As in: "Bubba and Junior, y'all get in here and eat your dinner afore I throw it to the dawgs."

I stand corrected, and happily bow to your superior knowledge!!:D :D

Susan

One advantage about being at a port city, I can try to get together with any friends from the cruise boards who will be sailing out of either NYC or Cape Liberty. Would love to meet up with some friends from these boards who are sailing on the Connie transatlantic. Maybe one of them can find a way of packing me in a suitcase so I could sail too! :p

Anita

Anita, I'd love to meet you before our cruise next month...but we're arriving 9p.m. the night before. Now as for "stowing away" in our luggage...good grief, I'm still figuring out how to keep our luggage at 50# per bag!

Karyn

Anita, I'd love to meet you before our cruise next month...but we're arriving 9p.m. the night before. Now as for "stowing away" in our luggage...good grief, I'm still figuring out how to keep our luggage at 50# per bag!

Karyn

Yeah, but we are going to have to eat breakfast, aren't we? Any chance of a quick cup of coffee, Anita?

Susan

We set up a "meet, greet, and dine" in Jacksonville before a Zenith cruise is 2004. There were about 16 (?) of us. Lois came along even tho she wasn't cruising that trip. We had a grand time and continued to during the cruise. We even helped one of our couples get married! They had a lovely sunset wedding on the beach. Wish Zenith still sailed out of Jax.

Char

If I get a good photo of a whale, I just hope Garry doesn't try and take credit for it, like she did last Sept on our Alaska cruise:D :D :D

Phil

I've just posted an unusual picture of a breeching humpback on another forum. It's underbelly is facing the camera! It was taken at Icy Strait Point.

Now back to the topic at hand, the meeting and getting together prior to sailaway gives the whole cruise experience a new level of enjoyment. I highly recommend the pre-meeting if you can swing it.

Of course I remember!!! (but I didn't think of that when I posted that response :o ) We need to do lunch again when no one has a doctors appointment!!

Maybe one day you will be lucky enough to have that experience, because reconnecting with a childhood friend is one of the best things that can happen on a message board. As one of my favorite singers once said, "Old friends are better than new ones because they can see where you are, and they know where you've been"

I just realized that I misquoted Harry Chapin. His exact quote is:

"Old friends, they mean much more to me than the new friends,

Cause they can see where you are, and they know where you've been."

Archived