Seaview unexpectedly cancels 7 cruises

BermudaBound2014

I did a search and did not see this mentioned. My apologies if this news has already been covered. 

MSC Cruises has announced the cancellation of multiple cruises scheduled for April 2023 due to the extended shipyard stay of the MSC Seaview in Malta

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruises-cancelled-unexpectedly-for-msc-cruise-ship/98045

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Fortunately the "7 cruises" that were cancelled only cover about 2 extra weeks in extended dry dock. As of now, Seaview is supposed to resume sailing on May 5. We're really hoping it stays that way as we're scheduled to board her on May 27 in Barcelona!

They went in drydock on March 31st and will resume on May 5th. That's only 5 weeks. These must be cruises with multiple embarkation cities to have effected 7 cruises total. But still, Five weeks is a long time to be out of commission  :(.

Best to you for your May 27th embarkation!

• Thanks 1

A supply chain challenge joint with a possible shipyard specialty labor shortage, will unsurprisingly lead to some work delays industry wise. No surprise. The big number of canceled cruises might have something to do with the fact that MSC makes a multi-embarkation policy, especially here in Europe, so no surprise either.

Have a wonderful Easter, dear Cruise Critic's MSC boards community!...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, MANDMTRAVEL said:

Hello!  Is the Seaview back at sea yet?

Just sailed from Civitavecchia on May 3 and is currently moored in Palma Mallorca. Yes, it is back in service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 6:28 PM, MANDMTRAVEL said:

I would like to know as well

i was on the transatlantic from Brasil before the drydock and just got off after another week.  i didn't notice any changes at all. 

• Like 1