Unknown Guest

Kingsmom

We are considering a Carnival cruise next February on the Panorama.  I have never cruised Carnival before.  I plan to book 2 (connecting) inside staterooms.  One for my husband and I and the other for our 17 year old son and a friend.  Problem is... I don't know this far out which friend he plans to bring.  I've read some threads that state I can put TBA for this friend but want to confirm.  Other threads say this is no longer an option.  I do not have a TA yet, I could get one I suppose.  Would they be able to help me?  I don't want to spend a ton later on change fees.  I appreciate any guidance.  

5 minutes ago, Kingsmom said:

We are considering a Carnival cruise next February on the Panorama.  I have never cruised Carnival before.  I plan to book 2 (connecting) inside staterooms.  One for my husband and I and the other for our 17 year old son and a friend.  Problem is... I don't know this far out which friend he plans to bring.  I've read some threads that state I can put TBA for this friend but want to confirm.  Other threads say this is no longer an option.  I do not have a TA yet, I could get one I suppose.  Would they be able to help me?  I don't want to spend a ton later on change fees.  I appreciate any guidance.  

Use a PVP

• Like 2

Yes, you can still book the second person TBD and add (or delete) a name at a later date. I do it all the time. Enjoy. I think you may have to technically book one adult and one 17 year old in each cabin though. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, babsinpbg said:

Yes, you can still book the second person TBD and add (or delete) a name at a later date. I do it all the time. Enjoy. I think you may have to technically book one adult and one 17 year old in each cabin though. 

That's my suggestion as well.  Unless you book Early Saver, as long as one person in the room stays the same, changing a name is not a cancellation so only fee (if any) would be nominal.  Also, by separating the adults, this gives the opportunity to only have one adult buy the Cheers package, and does away with the restriction as to how close the two cabins need to be.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

That's my suggestion as well.  Unless you book Early Saver, as long as one person in the room stays the same, changing a name is not a cancellation so only fee (if any) would be nominal.  Also, by separating the adults, this gives the opportunity to only have one adult buy the Cheers package, and does away with the restriction as to how close the two cabins need to be.  

Thank you! This may be a silly question... so if I put my husbands name on one room and mine on the other, do we then just swap room keys when we get on board?  Any charges to either room will still ultimately be my responsibility.  We both will want the Cheers package and that stays with the person, not the room, correct? 

27 minutes ago, babsinpbg said:

Thank you very much! This is very reassuring. 

23 minutes ago, Kingsmom said:

Thank you! This may be a silly question... so if I put my husbands name on one room and mine on the other, do we then just swap room keys when we get on board?  Any charges to either room will still ultimately be my responsibility.  We both will want the Cheers package and that stays with the person, not the room, correct? 

You can go to guest services to get the room key changed to open your room.  If you get adjoining rooms, they may not make you put one adult in each room as the rooms are next to each other.  I have had plenty “TBD’ passengers in my day and just change names through my PVP at no cost.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

You can go to guest services to get the room key changed to open your room.  If you get adjoining rooms, they may not make you put one adult in each room as the rooms are next to each other.  I have had plenty “TBD’ passengers in my day and just change names through my PVP at no cost.

Thank you.  I hope that is the case.  Seems like less to worry about if we can simply stick the boys in their own room from the start.  

I have heard a few people say on the book of faces when they tried to go thru a PVP they made them put a second name on the reservation. I recently booked two different cruises on my own and i have left them TBA without any issues. So if you contact a PVP and they say you are unable to do that anymore just book on your own. HTH! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

I have heard a few people say on the book of faces when they tried to go thru a PVP they made them put a second name on the reservation. I recently booked two different cruises on my own and i have left them TBA without any issues. So if you contact a PVP and they say you are unable to do that anymore just book on your own. HTH! 

Thank you! I had heard that recently too.  That's why I wanted to check.  

Keys will be no problem. The Carnival folks on the ship don't care. Just have the two who want to swap rooms go to guest services and they will give them new keys. Folks with upside down pineapples on their door do it all the time.

• Like 1

We are in your EXACT same situation.  Hubby and I booked one interior room.  Next door is our teen son and his friend, not sure which friend this far in advance.  The reservation for room #2 says my son’s name and TBA.  Hope that helps!  This way there is no need to swap keys or anything!

Edited by Blondie511
Adding more
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, icft said:

Keys will be no problem. The Carnival folks on the ship don't care. Just have the two who want to swap rooms go to guest services and they will give them new keys. Folks with upside down pineapples on their door do it all the time.

Thank you!

On 4/8/2023 at 11:59 AM, Blondie511 said:

We are in your EXACT same situation.  Hubby and I booked one interior room.  Next door is our teen son and his friend, not sure which friend this far in advance.  The reservation for room #2 says my son’s name and TBA.  Hope that helps!  This way there is no need to swap keys or anything!

It's so hard to know this far in advance.  Who knows what teen friend drama can happen between now and February!  Thanks for the reply.