US CDC Card in Australia

Zagqwest

Currently booking a coral princess criuse in australia as US citizen and noticed under proof of vaccination they list 3 Australian forms of covid proof. Will a US CDC card be accepted or is there something else I need to obtain?

47 minutes ago, Zagqwest said:

Currently booking a coral princess criuse in australia as US citizen and noticed under proof of vaccination they list 3 Australian forms of covid proof. Will a US CDC card be accepted or is there something else I need to obtain?

We’re getting ready to board the Celebrity Eclipse on a B3B leaving out of Sydney in less than 9 days and have been following a variety of Roll Call threads associated with the preceding cruises. At no time has anyone even hinted there was an issue when showing their CDC card when asked to provide proof of their COVID vaccination status. All that is required by the Australian government is noted below (as listed on the Celebrity website).

All guests ages 12 and older must provide documentation of full vaccination at the terminal as a condition for boarding.  

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences. 

BTW Australia is also currently requiring embarking passengers to provide the results of a negative antigen test taken 1-day prior to boarding, but that’s a different issue.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Zagqwest said:

Just came back from an Australian/New Zealand cruise. The US CDC card was accepted on entering Australia and on Boarding the Celebrity Ship. No problems occured anywhere using it.

Where there from March 23 to April 7 this year.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zagqwest said:

We boarded the Coral Princess in Sydney on April 2nd.  I think they expected the CDC card.  We had no problem with it.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

BTW Australia is also currently requiring embarking passengers to provide the results of a negative antigen test taken 1-day prior to boarding, but that’s a different issue.

When we boarded in Sydney on April 2nd two of our traveling companions had taken the antigen test too early (closer to 2 days in advance) and were pulled aside to be tested again.  The port staff were very kind and there was no charge for the mistake.

BTW masks are required on board (except when eating or dining), disembarking, embarking, on Princess transportation and indoors on Princess excursions. Adherence has been remarkably high maybe because we are on a 28 day cruise (a bucket cruise for many).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

When we boarded in Sydney on April 2nd two of our traveling companions had taken the antigen test too early (closer to 2 days in advance) and were pulled aside to be tested again.  The port staff were very kind and there was no charge for the mistake.

BTW masks are required on board (except when eating or dining), disembarking, embarking, on Princess transportation and indoors on Princess excursions. Adherence has been remarkably high maybe because we are on a 28 day cruise (a bucket cruise for many).

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I had booked an observed Antigen Test, but now notice that you can self test. The requirments are confusing as it says you should have the Test, ID and the Date. Is the date as simple as putting a piece of paper in the picture or is when you upload to medallion app?

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I had booked an observed Antigen Test, but now notice that you can self test. The requirments are confusing as it says you should have the Test, ID and the Date. Is the date as simple as putting a piece of paper in the picture or is when you upload to medallion app?

13 minutes ago, Zagqwest said:

We self tested with at home tests we brought from the States.  I placed a piece of paper with my name and date on the hotel desk, and arranged my passport (opened to the information page), the test results, and my DH’s cell phone with the Home Screen showing the date and time below it.  I took a picture of the tableau with my cell phone and uploaded it to the Princess app.  We did the same for DH using my cell phone for the date and time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Thanks for the update. If I might ask, how did they know they took their tests 2 days earlier? Did your traveling companions take the test photos without changing their phones first to Sydney time before taking the pictures or did they actually take the tests 2 days earlier (Sydney time)? The reason I ask is because our local time is 15 hours ahead of Sydney time, but we will be within 1 day (Sydney time) when we take our tests before boarding our flight here in Alabama to head towards Sydney.

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the update. If I might ask, how did they know they took their tests 2 days earlier? Did your traveling companions take the test photos without changing their phones first to Sydney time before taking the pictures or did they actually take the tests 2 days earlier (Sydney time)? The reason I ask is because our local time is 15 hours ahead of Sydney time, but we will be within 1 day (Sydney time) when we take our tests before boarding our flight here in Alabama to head towards Sydney.

They knew because our companions were very conscientious about recoding the results the way I described above so the date on the phone was 2 days before embarkation.  They said they got the up to 2 days in advance guidance for a PCR test mixed up with the up to 1 day in advance for the rapid antigen test. 

We were already in Sydney when they tested.  We departed Washington DC at 5:30 pm March 18 and arrived in Sydney at 8 am March 20.  Remember the flights are longer than the time difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zagqwest said:

Here’s how we plan to document the time of our tests. Since Sydney is 15 hours ahead of our local Alabama time, we’re going to change our iPhones to Sydney time before taking pictures of our negative antigen tests on the morning of April 17, which will actually be after 3 am on April 18 Sydney time, before boarding our initial flight in Alabama scheduled to eventually arrive early morning on April 19 in Sydney, where we will subsequently board the Eclipse later that morning. We will also be bringing the tests with us. This should satisfy the 1-day requirement using the time stamp (Sydney time) recorded on the iPhone photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here’s how we plan to document the time of our tests. Since Sydney is 15 hours ahead of our local Alabama time, we’re going to change our iPhones to Sydney time before taking pictures of our negative antigen tests on the morning of April 17, which will actually be after 3 am on April 18 Sydney time, before boarding our initial flight in Alabama scheduled to eventually arrive early morning on April 19 in Sydney, where we will subsequently board the Eclipse later that morning. We will also be bringing the tests with us. This should satisfy the 1-day requirement using the time stamp (Sydney time) recorded on the iPhone photos.

I hope you have a great cruise and that your jet lag is not nearly as bad as ours was.  We went to bed by 7 or 8 pm Sydney time and woke up at 3 am each morning for 4 nights!  We had no trouble staying awake and spending full days sightseeing but it was early to bed and early to rise for those days.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I hope you have a great cruise and that your jet lag is not nearly as bad as ours was.  We went to bed by 7 or 8 pm Sydney time and woke up at 3 am each morning for 4 nights!  We had no trouble staying awake and spending full days sightseeing but it was early to bed and early to rise for those days.  

Thanks! We know the feeling! On our recent NCL Jade B2B cruise from Athens to Cape Town by way of Dubai, it took us a good 4 days to get acclimated to the 8 hour time change. I still remember watching the early show in the theater and almost getting whiplash when I’d nod off! 😂

Update as I boarded Coral today in Perth. Regarding CDC card, was absolutely good to go. With the Self-test the agent didn't even look at my picture (same as I submitted to app) and just said I believe you and checked me off on tablet and I was good to go.

• Thanks 1