Free at Sea Plus

joestein514

Do both people in a room need to upgrade to Free at Sea Plus?

We have 2 rooms each with one adult and one child.

I thought it might make sense for the child to upgrade to Premium Plus as we will save an additional $50 off each excursion - 3 of them (so $150) and then they would get 2 more dining credits - savings us the dining upgrade deal.

Meanwhile - they would get unlimited internet and upgraded drink.   They could starbucks, fresh juice and bottled water.

I thought we might save money.

Joe

Edited by joestein514

• joestein514 changed the title to Free at Sea Plus

Yes. Passengers 1 and 2 would both have to upgrade to FAS+. Adults are $49pp/pd, minors are $29pp/pd. You are correct about getting an additional $50 off per excursion and the 2 dining credits per person.

Minors would only get the soda package, though. No starbucks, juice or bottled water. The adults would get the premium plus beverage package, though, and would get access to those things. While you are not supposed to share, there is realistically nothing that would prevent you from getting a bottle of water or a frapp and handing it to your child once you have left the area.

• Like 1

FYI, the price to upgrade a minor to the FAS+ is less than upgrading an adult.  I did this recently for the wi-fi and the upgrade for my child was $100 less than mine.  Also, if you get the FAS+, then you can get 2 drinks at Starbucks per visit whereas with the Unlimited drink package you can only get 1 drink.  You can then give the second drink to the minor.

Edited by spenecer

Yes, but on a 10 night cruise - I am spending $500/adult $300/child - $800  X 2 rooms = 1600

I am already buying the extra 2 dinners. - that is $160/room.  Plus I have 3 excursions we are paying for them - so I would save $150/room.

$1600 - $320 - $300 = $980.   I can buy a lot of starbucks and water with that.   I dont care about the internet.

• Like 1

In your case, since you don’t care about unlimited internet, or apparently about high-end alcohol, there is no point even doing the math on FAS+ for any (adult) in your party. And since they will require you to upgrade at least one adult, that’s the end of that. 

Unlimited Starbucks is $12.95 a day. I don’t know how strict they are about making everyone in a cabin get it (especially kids). But one person sharing their Starbucks with 1-3 other people probably gets noticed pretty fast (not suggesting you were planning to do that!)

4 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Unlimited Starbucks is $12.95 a day. I don’t know how strict they are about making everyone in a cabin get it (especially kids). But one person sharing their Starbucks with 1-3 other people probably gets noticed pretty fast (not suggesting you were planning to do that!)

Not everyone in the cabin needs to get the Unlimited Starbucks Package but you have to be over 18 to get it. You are also limited to 1 order at a time on the Starbucks package (and you have to wait 15 min to get your next drink).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spenecer said:

Not everyone in the cabin needs to get the Unlimited Starbucks Package but you have to be over 18 to get it. You are also limited to 1 order at a time on the Starbucks package (and you have to wait 15 min to get your next drink).

Do we have to do this on board? I do not drink coffee or Starbucks, but my husband loves it. So he can do the unlimited Starbucks and I don’t have to? If I understand you correctly?! 

7 minutes ago, redmomof4 said:

Do we have to do this on board? I do not drink coffee or Starbucks, but my husband loves it. So he can do the unlimited Starbucks and I don’t have to? If I understand you correctly?! 

You can do it onboard or beforehand using the app or NCL website.

1 hour ago, spenecer said:

You can do it onboard or beforehand using the app or NCL website.

Thanks! Did it in the app, didn’t realize it would let me choose just him. It’s perfect and will be a nice surprise for him when we board! 

5 hours ago, redmomof4 said:

Thanks! Did it in the app, didn’t realize it would let me choose just him. It’s perfect and will be a nice surprise for him when we board! 

I hope he has the patience of job.  I'm not a starbucks drinker, but I wanted to stop by and get a cup so that I could fill it up with coffee in the buffet.  My goodness the line was long. Longer than any of the bar lines.  this was on the Escape. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the FAS+ offered on every ship? Every cruise? My “my NCL” is not offering it on one of my bookings, but on the other one it is…my son and my husband both like the “top shelf” whiskeys…we all like Cagney’s..unlimited Wi-Fi would be great! 

I booked the first cruise a looong time ago, so I could pay over time, so maybe my “my NCL” is not completely up to date with all the best offers…does anyone know if it is offered on the Spirit this May?

7 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Is the FAS+ offered on every ship? Every cruise? My “my NCL” is not offering it on one of my bookings, but on the other one it is…my son and my husband both like the “top shelf” whiskeys…we all like Cagney’s..unlimited Wi-Fi would be great! 

I booked the first cruise a looong time ago, so I could pay over time, so maybe my “my NCL” is not completely up to date with all the best offers…does anyone know if it is offered on the Spirit this May?

It is offered on all cruises, but it doesn’t apply to older bookings.

We couldn’t get it on our last cruise, as we booked before the cutoff for it applying.

2 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

for my upcoming cruise it was shown and a couple of weeks ago it disappeared. I'd call your PCC at NCL and see if they can add it. Im pretty sure its added as a code.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:07 PM, dbrown84 said:

I hope he has the patience of job.  I'm not a starbucks drinker, but I wanted to stop by and get a cup so that I could fill it up with coffee in the buffet.  My goodness the line was long. Longer than any of the bar lines.  this was on the Escape. 

Last week on the Prima, I never waited more than a few minutes at Starbucks. I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

An option is just buy a Starbucks gift card  and use it to pay for drinks , pastries, etc. That way there isn't any limitations other than the total on the card.

Do you mean that Starbucks on NCL ships accepts regular Starbucks Gift Card that can be purchased on land before sailing?

4 hours ago, olya1972 said:

Do you mean that Starbucks on NCL ships accepts regular Starbucks Gift Card that can be purchased on land before sailing?

Yes, if it is a full Starbucks such as on Encore, Prima, etc. Starbuck's app also works as well. We cashed in some credit card reward points onto a gift card and used it for the entire trip. The advantage of these is that you can buy the bakery products, chocolate covered coffee beans and other items that may be for sale. The Starbucks coffee drink package does not cover non-drink items.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InfrequentPNWCruiser said:

Yes, if it is a full Starbucks such as on Encore, Prima, etc. Starbuck's app also works as well. We cashed in some credit card reward points onto a gift card and used it for the entire trip. The advantage of these is that you can buy the bakery products, chocolate covered coffee beans and other items that may be for sale. The Starbucks coffee drink package does not cover non-drink items.

Thank you.