Questions for 2023 World Cruisers (and segments)

arielmomma

Hello Everyone. I have some questions for those of you who are currently aboard one of the world voyages (or were aboard one of the 2023 segments).

I am booked to cruise solo on the 2024 QM2 World Voyage. I am also a chronic overthinker. As someone who will likely only take one WV in my lifetime, I want it to be as special (and stress free) as possible, which is why I keep going back and forth whether or not I want to postpone until 2026 (not interested in the 2025 voyage) to wait for the world and cruising to become a bit more pre-pandemic "normal," if that's going to happen.

I was hoping some of you who've sailed/or are sailing on one of the 2023 world voyages be willing to reflect on your experiences onboard. For instance:

What is the COVID situation (protocols, testing, cases) both onboard and in port?

What is the state of the ports post-pandemic? How are the Cunard offered excursions?

How is the service/food/entertainment? How does it compare to the what was offered pre-pandemic?

Besides the QM2 WV Dinner in Singapore, is there anything that failed to meet your expectations?

Is there anything you feel Cunard is handling exceptionally well and is even better than it was pre-pandemic?

Is your voyage everything you hoped it would be?

Any other thoughts you would like to share?

Thank you in advance for your responses! I appreciate your help.
  • Like 1

Hi,

I was on QV from NewYork to Dubai. 

Was disappointed by the substantial change of Itinerary from SriLanka, the Far East to Indonesia and Maylasia-but I enjoyed the calls in Indonesia and Malaysia.

The land tours were well done.

My review has been published on this site.

I am booked for part of the QA 2025 World Cruise-I took the WorldCruise on QE in 2015-pre Covid and it was superb. I hope they get back up to standards and ports open up. I am a long time Cunard traveler.

Bon Voyage

• Like 1

We have not sailed for 3 years due to Covid and only segments of world cruises, but can assure you if you have any problems onboard you will be taken seriously this is one of the reasons we travel Cunard.  Enjoy your world trip on QM2 and do not forget those dancing shoes!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

Hi,

I was on QV from NewYork to Dubai. 

Was disappointed by the substantial change of Itinerary from SriLanka, the Far East to Indonesia and Maylasia-but I enjoyed the calls in Indonesia and Malaysia.

The land tours were well done.

My review has been published on this site.

I am booked for part of the QA 2025 World Cruise-I took the WorldCruise on QE in 2015-pre Covid and it was superb. I hope they get back up to standards and ports open up. I am a long time Cunard traveler.

Bon Voyage

Thank you for your response. Glad to hear the excursions were well done. I'll look for your review.

9 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

We have not sailed for 3 years due to Covid and only segments of world cruises, but can assure you if you have any problems onboard you will be taken seriously this is one of the reasons we travel Cunard.  Enjoy your world trip on QM2 and do not forget those dancing shoes!

Thank you for your response. The shoes will definitely be packed! Dancing is one of my favorite activities aboard QM2!

22 hours ago, arielmomma said:

Thank you for your response. The shoes will definitely be packed! Dancing is one of my favorite activities aboard QM2!

As far as dancing shoes go, if you require the partnering of a dance host be warned that they are a covid casualty, to this point in time at least, unless they have been returned to World Voyages only?

There absence on normal voyages is a great loss to the Cunard experience.

4 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

As far as dancing shoes go, if you require the partnering of a dance host be warned that they are a covid casualty, to this point in time at least, unless they have been returned to World Voyages only?

There absence on normal voyages is a great loss to the Cunard experience.

both men and women were on the World Voyage and it was my understanding that they were permanent - however I could be wrong. I was wrong once....it was in 1972.....or was that 1973?

if anyone is interested, the QV is currently transmitting the Suez. 

Edited by roscoe39

28 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

both men and women were on the World Voyage and it was my understanding that they were permanent - however I could be wrong. I was wrong once....it was in 1972.....or was that 1973?

if anyone is interested, the QV is currently transmitting the Suez. 

They're definitely not present on shorter voyages (dance hosts, that is). I even spoke to the entertainment 2IC (I think he was - the memory dims) to ask if they would be reinstated and he said he had had no word from Cunard as to if nor when but the entertainment team were as keen as anyone for their return.

Like you, I think I was wrong...once...a long time ago I believe it might have been.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 5:56 AM, LittleFish1976 said:

They're definitely not present on shorter voyages (dance hosts, that is). I even spoke to the entertainment 2IC (I think he was - the memory dims) to ask if they would be reinstated and he said he had had no word from Cunard as to if nor when but the entertainment team were as keen as anyone for their return.

Like you, I think I was wrong...once...a long time ago I believe it might have been.

Interesting, I also thought I was wrong once but it was the time I thought I was really wrong and that was incorrect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lakesregion said:

Interesting, I also thought I was wrong once but it was the time I thought I was really wrong and that was incorrect.

I'm frequently wrong, but then often proved correct.

Funny old world! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1