Celebrity newbie Equinox

PatandStu

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Finally got search to give me some results, so I have the answer to this.  Wouldn't let me edit the question.  This, to me, is a sad change.  

I asked about this to Staff members ( Waiters and Maitre'd ) recently on the Equinox and Edge and their answer :

" Too many people were ordering tooooo much food , sometime at odd hours , and NOT tipping for delivery and, it's ( room service delivery ) not included in the AI package ".

In fact, I can't remember seeing any trays outside any cabin on our deck ( 8 on both ships ).

IMO--- The Cruise Company did the right thing.  And besides, what's a few extra $$ to say " Thank You " ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

I asked about this to Staff members ( Waiters and Maitre'd ) recently on the Equinox and Edge and their answer :

" Too many people were ordering tooooo much food , sometime at odd hours , and NOT tipping for delivery and, it's ( room service delivery ) not included in the AI package ".

In fact, I can't remember seeing any trays outside any cabin on our deck ( 8 on both ships ).

IMO--- The Cruise Company did the right thing.  And besides, what's a few extra $$ to say " Thank You " ??

I always tipped for room service, but removing the perk of getting food delivered from the DR stinks.  I hate the directions cruise lines are going these days.  

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I always tipped for room service, but removing the perk of getting food delivered from the DR stinks.  I hate the directions cruise lines are going these days.  

If you are in the Retreat room service is still free. For all other classes $9.95 plus 18% tip seems a little steep for getting a pot of coffee or a mid day snack.