April 2023 - Meet & Mingle Registration

Mrs Skip

I know I should know this !  Is it possible to register for Meet & Mingles either via Azamara site or through Cruise Critic.  If so would be really grateful if someone could post a link please.  

I appreciate that the days of invitations and formal hosting seem to be a thing of the past.

Thanks

Jane

2 hours ago, Mrs Skip said:

I know I should know this !  Is it possible to register for Meet & Mingles either via Azamara site or through Cruise Critic.  If so would be really grateful if someone could post a link please.  

I appreciate that the days of invitations and formal hosting seem to be a thing of the past.

Thanks

Jane

I can’t find anything on the Azamara site and Cruise Critic are saying they have paused Meet & Mingle registrations ( along with those for a number of other cruise lines). Seems to me Meet & Mingle may be a thing of the past - shame.

The registration on the old website was a Royal Caribbean thing and I don’t think anything like that will appear on the new website. Based on recent experience Azamara will continue to facilitate un hosted meetings it’s going to be a matter of looking in the Insider to see when. 
With port intensive itineraries it’s often on embarkation day so it’s important to look at the Insider for that day.

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

The registration on the old website was a Royal Caribbean thing and I don’t think anything like that will appear on the new website. Based on recent experience Azamara will continue to facilitate un hosted meetings it’s going to be a matter of looking in the Insider to see when. 
With port intensive itineraries it’s often on embarkation day so it’s important to look at the Insider for that day.

I just wonder how many will turn up if there is no registration system.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I just wonder how many will turn up if there is no registration system.

The meeting on our recent Onward cruise was very well attended, many had signed up but these days that has no effect as there are no longer invites in your cabin.

As with many other cruise lines it’s down to the roll call to ensure participants know when and where to look for the information in the Insider. 

• Like 1

I imagine they will hold it. Just ask when you board. I don’t think cruise critic will do away with roll calls. Some cruise lines may choose to not host but they have been doing that for years. Silly imho. Last summer Azamara had drinks and appetizers and the cruise director showed up. Very nice.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoSeeDo2 said:

We also started one before the website change over. We sail on Saturday, so will check to see if it is really scheduled or not. Our first day is at sea, so that would be a better day to hold it.

Please let us know!

1 hour ago, harrodsfan said:

I imagine they will hold it. Just ask when you board. I don’t think cruise critic will do away with roll calls. Some cruise lines may choose to not host but they have been doing that for years. Silly imho. Last summer Azamara had drinks and appetizers and the cruise director showed up. Very nice.  

Not now - out last two cruises (October last year on Quest and March this year on Pursuit) were  unhosted, no drinks or appetisers, no staff at all.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

I signed up for one before the website changes and got confirmation through of the booking. Not holding out much hope of anything actually happening. 

Thank you for registering for our upcoming Azamara Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle party. You are confirmed to attend!

Please keep this email as confirmation of your registration. As of today, you have registered 14 guest(s) for our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party on QS departing 18-April-2023.

We’ll be in touch with additional details related to your registration as your voyage approaches. In the meantime, join the conversation with other guests on your upcoming sailing through the Azamara Cruise Critic Roll Call forum. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow Cruise Critics on your voyage.

Thank you for registering, and we look forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

Azamara®

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not now - out last two cruises (October last year on Quest and March this year on Pursuit) were  unhosted, no drinks or appetisers, no staff at all.

Since the gatherings are mainly un-hosted these days, and the previous links on the website are gone for now, maybe we should plan to coordinate our own Meet & Mingles from the roll calls? I know many groups get together at sail-away, and someone with organisational skills might be able to coordinate a second meeting and get it into the Insider for another day.

On 4/12/2023 at 12:24 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

And it was quite a large gathering!!

• Like 1