Marella drinks package

I was assuming we would go for the Premium drinks package but having seen this thread I'm not so sure now. We're not heavy drinkers - like a few glasses of wine but aren't fussy about it, and don't usually drink fizzy soft drinks like Coke. I used to enjoy the occasional malt but rarely drink spirits thse days. Might try a daily cocktail I suppose, but is the greater range of those worth the extra?

I do like decent coffee but presumably I could pay for Lavazza by the cup instead of whatever instant stuff is available as standard? We both enjoy fruit juices though, and I think I saw somewhere that these are only on the Prmium package but a list I saw somewhere only seemed to show J2O, no "plain" fruit juices. Is that so?

Most of the bars on the ship do coffee that is acceptable (it’s not instant coffee)  you can get Lavazza in the coffee port and pay per drink

You are correct regarding fruit juice, we have only seen bottles of J2O.

What is on offer on the standard all inclusive package is fairly comprehensive and what isn’t included can be purchased.

In my opinion it’s not worth the upgrade.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

You can always upgrade once on board if you decide to, I think the price of the upgrade reduces as your cruise continues and may at some point be better value per day than pre booked price.

Whatever you decide you won't go thirsty!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackBox said:

@ScotsTravellers I thought it was the standard package that was limited to 10-02, with the premium providing drinks 24/7

You can’t get canned drinks free before 10am with the premium, not sure about the rest 

3 hours ago, Scotstravellers said:

Just curious about when the package runs from. I have seen from 10:00 to 02:00. If I was on Premium package and I wanted a coffee from the Coffee Port before 10:00 do I get charged for this 🤔

You can get coffee (included on premium) from the coffee port from when it opens at 7am. It is cans of pop that you have to wait until after 10am for.

I think with regard if the upgrade is worth it comes simply down to what you drink. I love iced coffee so three of them a day from Coffee Port would be over £6, I drink vodka red bull and red bull is £3.45 a can and I'd have a least two cans a day so for me even without the premium alcohol I am looking at £13 if I paid as I went so the £10 a day to upgrade to premium is well worth it. Likewise the wine my wife drinks is £4.70 a glass so just a couple of glasses equates to the £10 a day to upgrade. 

Edited by Brick1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1