Obstructed view Edge class

cruises89

The window cut out you see on the side of the MC is part of the balcony for that sky suite. You’ll lose some privacy if someone happens to be looking out of that window. Otherwise, it should be fine. 
Not  sure why the bed placement is by the window…probably just luck of the draw since it has to do with the bed groove in the wall and I believe it alternates from room to room. Anyway, just pull the curtains or let the would be lookers get any eyeful…that will teach them! 😊

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The window cut out you see on the side of the MC is part of the balcony for that sky suite. You’ll lose some privacy if someone happens to be looking out of that window. Otherwise, it should be fine. 
Not  sure why the bed placement is by the window…probably just luck of the draw since it has to do with the bed groove in the wall and I believe it alternates from room to room. Anyway, just pull the curtains or let the would be lookers get any eyeful…that will teach them! 😊

... or a would be unabashed gawker... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

We have cruised in the MC suites with the cut-out window and the lack of privacy works both ways.  
When on the balcony, if you look out of the window it is hard not to see someone on the veranda/balcony of the couple of nearest cabins.  

The table and 2 chairs on the MC balcony were by the window, sheltered from wind, and I would have my morning coffee out there. Near the end of the cruise I was leaving the cabin at the same time as a person a couple of cabins away.  As we headed to the elevator she asked how I liked our suite and the continued to say we see you on your balcony out every morning.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

probably just luck of the draw since it has to do with the bed groove in the wall and I believe it alternates from room to room. 

Exactly.  Bed is by the bath on the opposite side of the ship.

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

As we headed to the elevator she asked how I liked our suite and the continued to say we see you on your balcony out every morning.

We have a MC sky suite booked on Edge for Alaska and I wanted the cut out end unit to be able to expand our view.  If I had seen you every morning having coffee on your balcony, I don't think I would have mentioned it.  Sometimes privacy is a state of mind...even if I can be seen, I don't need to know who is looking.  I would have been annoyed with the lady...