i booked gty. Got a cabin assignment later. Now i'm back to gty according to the email from msc upgrade make a bid thingy

CruiseScrooge

Did you lose your cabin, or did you get the email offer to upgrade? The upgrade is a bidding process that you can do, if you so choose, to have a chance at a better cabin. However it shouldn’t affect your cabin assignment unless you bid and win said upgrade.

I had a cabin number before and even the previous upgrade offer emails showed the cabin number. Now the upgrade offer shows my cabin as G0000.

I have upgrade offer emails sent one minute yesterday apart. The first email has my cabin number and the next one has G00000.

I have been on msc before and understand the bid system and that msc IT isn't bad as it was 5-10 years but it still is a hot mess.

Choo choo!  Welcome aboard the hot mess express!  

So the bid process has nothing to do with your GTY cabin assignment and if you had a cabin and they sent you an email it would not put you back into G00000.  Best bet is to log into your reservation to see if its assigned there.  Bon chance!

49 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Choo choo!  Welcome aboard the hot mess express!  

So the bid process has nothing to do with your GTY cabin assignment and if you had a cabin and they sent you an email it would not put you back into G00000.  Best bet is to log into your reservation to see if its assigned there.  Bon chance!

You were right and i have the old cabin. I don't know why i didn't think of filling out the docs and checking. Maybe its because i have spent 8 years on the phone and emails trying to get them to change wrong info in my profile that gets printed onto the docs so I have to call and get then to change the info every cruise.

• Haha 1

msc assigned the stateroom several weeks ealier. weeks later In two minutes i got two emails. The first one had my cabin number that was assigned weeks ago and the one a minute later had cabin number G00000. I panicked. My GTY isn't in a great location so i don't care if it gets moved but msc is pretty good at screwing up the easiest of things. Like saying "I" moved this cabin and now the price is higher and bye bye OBC.

3 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

What is the longest thread title??? 

Hello,

At least it was meaningful.

My response to a thread title "What would you do?" is quite simple - I move on to read further threads where the titles give me a clue what they are about.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1